Delete vs credit unpaid future charges at move out

Options
themage
themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Sitelinks default setup is supposed to delete unpaid future charges at move out, and that is how ours is set.

We moved someone out today with pro-rated move out, and Sitelink credited the remaining days of the month (instead of deleting the charges), moving the paid through date in the process.

We tried it before and after the most recent update and the problem seems to persist. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is this a known issue I have missed in other discussions?

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have always had the delete future charges checked since we opened.  It has always credited the account when someone moves out with a "prorated" amount.  I believe the "future" charge only applies to an invoiced amount that is not yet due.  Ie. moved out on Jan 25 but already invoiced for February. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would make sense to me. I don't generally handle that part of our operation myself, but the ones who do swear it didn't used to do that, or at least that it didn't used to move the paid through date.

We will just have to remind our office staff not to do partial month transactions.

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't typically change the PTD with a partial payment, then in the setup on the Proration tab, click "Change only for full payments on rent" under the Paid Thru Date section.  Then the date doesn't change if there isn't a full payment made.  $1 due means the PTD is still the previous date!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @themage -  SiteLink can delete entire future charges (as long as there are no payments or credits against it) but it cannot delete just the "future part" of an existing current charge if you prorate the move out. If a payment is taken during move-out for the prorated amount, then that receipt can show a paid-thru date of the full month due to the move-out credit also being applied at the same time. This is cosmetic and is not the actual paid-thru after the move-out is completed. -Lyndsey H

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads