Do you charge an auction fee for EVERY unit a tenant has?

Options
i43storage
i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a tenant with 3 units up for auction.  Since I do the auctions myself, the fee basically just covers the newspaper ad, so I'm thinking I might just charge them once instead of for each unit.  I mean, if I had two units with different tenants up for auction, I charge them both even though the price of the ad is probably the same. 

HOWEVER ... I'm thinking maybe I should charge them for each unit.  I mean, my time is worth something, right?  At the same time, I don't want to purposefully be a jerk about it.  Please help me solve this moral/business dilemma.
Jean Marie
I-43 Storage

Do you charge an auction fee for EVERY unit a tenant has? 12 votes

Yes. Charge the loser for each unit.
100%
themageJamesFhelenatimAnitaJohnson1269MamaDuke7ESSSJCBusyPropertiesdperryNazpastortonyigotthisnowSitemanagerJennifer 12 votes
Heck no! Only charge 'em once. Don't you have any charity?
0%

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Each unit is a unique contract independent of the other. Therefore, each unit should get the fee.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do the same... each unit gets a fee.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We do online auctions only, So, between cutting the lock, taking photos, posting the auction, dealing with the auction winner, possible final clean up of the unit, you better believe there is a charge for each and every auction.
    So glad to not have to do in person auctions anymore!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads