Virtual terminal

Options
JamesF
JamesF Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
Hi, long term sitelink user here but I have to admit I don't understand something. 

What in the heck is Virtual Terminal all about? I was cleaning up my settings for users vs facility managers and I have to admit I don't know why I would remove or add permissions for this section?

Thank you!

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume that would be MyHub.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Virtual terminal is basically your way to check and, if necessary, sometimes reverse credit card activity directly through your credit card processor. (I am not sure Storable Payments allows reversals / refunds through the terminal)

Since Sitelink only uses Storable Payments now, that means Myhub's Storable Payments tab, as far as I can tell. 

It is possible, if somewhat rare, that card payments get made but don't post properly in sitelink, in which case your only record will be in the Virtual Terminal. It can also be easier to search for specific card activity through the terminal instead of Sitelink. 

In short, you would want anyone who might need to research credit card issues to have access to the virtual terminal, and for security probably remove permissions for anyone who doesn't need to know that information.
  • JamesF
    JamesF Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Where can I access the terminal to determine it's value to my team? There does not seem to be a button anywhere to open it? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    JamesF said:
    Where can I access the terminal to determine it's value to my team? There does not seem to be a button anywhere to open it? 
    https://myhub.smdservers.net/

Then the menu on the left has the payments terminal.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @JamesFThe "Virtual Terminal" series of permissions (see image below) were built for SiteLink Merchant Services but never fully implemented and have yet to be removed as they may get repurposed for future features. Storable Payments does not use them currently so they do not control access to the "Payments" page in myHub-CCC for Storable Payments. -Lyndsey H

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads