Verifying AVS

When verifying AVS on some Credit Cards it does nothing.  Does anyone know why?

Answers

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Good question! And how about the AVS Mismatches in the Reminders column.  I still have 200 of those.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    helenatim said:
    Good question! And how about the AVS Mismatches in the Reminders column.  I still have 200 of those.
    Yeah..I still have 47. All confirmed by tenants to be correct.
  • helenatim
    ESS said:
    helenatim said:
    Yeah..I still have 47. All confirmed by tenants to be correct.
    Still an annoyance isn't it. And I am wondering what extra fees are being taken for unverified cards.
  • helenatim
    When verifying AVS on some Credit Cards it does nothing.  Does anyone know why?
    I know it shows up as Not Checked under the AVS report.  Even though I just checked it...
  • helenatim
    Hey Storable Payments!!! How about a way to Check AVS in bulk.  I have about 300-400 that show as Not Checked and I am sure you are charging more for these transactions.  They were all checked when we used the previous processor whose name I cant even remember now. 
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    I would like to know the diff in charges.
  • Big
    Big Registered User
    I agree.  I have 18 that have been checked and still show up on bulletin,
  • helenatim
    I have now individually checked the AVS on all tenants that showed up as Not Checked.  This moved a lot of people into the Match column, but there are still nearly 50% of my tenants in the No Match or Not Checked. Seems like a lot.  So now I am supposed to contact nearly 500 tenants to double check the address on their credit cards? When these are the addresses that they gave me.  This just doesn't seem right. Come on Storable Payments, give me some answers...
  • LADYLIFT1
  • LADYLIFT1
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @LADYLIFT1 - thank you so much for tagging us in this. @helenatim - I've sent this to our support team and I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer. I apologize for the delay!

Don't forget to give us a tag at @storable_support to make sure that we see your questions. While we are checking the forum constantly, sometimes threads get lost in the crowd. Tagging us helps to make sure that nothing gets overlooked. -Lyndsey H

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @helenatim - When verifying AVS and nothing happens, the card needs to be deleted and then re-collected, then verify AVS. As for the mismatches, those will have to be verified in order to be removed from that list. Note that we are actively fixing an issue where a partial match is displayed as no match but should be displayed as a match. This should help with that reminder and the CC roll report. -Lyndsey H
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @helenatim - When verifying AVS and nothing happens, the card needs to be deleted and then re-collected, then verify AVS. As for the mismatches, those will have to be verified in order to be removed from that list. Note that we are actively fixing an issue where a partial match is displayed as no match but should be displayed as a match. This should help with that reminder and the CC roll report. -Lyndsey H
    Since this is a known error not on our part, are we still being charged a higher rate for not being a match, when it actually is, but an internal issue on SL part?
  • helenatim

So I take the card info from the tenant by phone, try to verify it and nothing happens.  My tenant has just given me the address!!  And I am supposed to go to 200 or more tenants individually and delete and replace their cards when they are all getting approved?? 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been told on two different occasions that we are NOT being charged extra if the AVS does not match.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • helenatim
    I have been told on two different occasions that we are NOT being charged extra if the AVS does not match.
    If that's true, I'll quit worrying about this

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads