Same name, not same person...SiteLink doesn't recognize???

Options
I have two different customers with the same last name, and SiteLink isn't letting me differentiate them for some reason.  Example:  John Smith and Jane Smith.  John has two units and Jane has one.  John moved in two months before Jane.  At some point (I don't know how or why currently) SiteLink converted Jane's unit into John's...with all of John's information.  The correct autopay remains on all units, thankfully...but it's only retaining one name, info and gate code for all units.  I corrected Jane's account and when I saved, it changed Jane's and both of John's units to Jane.  When I corrected John's first unit, it corrected both of John's and Jane's unit.  I feel like the movie Groundhog Day!  What could I be doing wrong?

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Company, Utilities, Shift-Ctrl-T
    Move Ledger to another Tenant
    Select the unit you want to change on the left, the correct tenant on the right and click Transfer.

It sounds like the accounts got linked in the past. This process can be used to link and to unlink the accounts.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @StoreHouseGranbury - @themage is correct! However, this feature is very powerful and will reassign all history to the selected tenant so make sure that you take extra caution to verify the correct record is chosen. -Lyndsey H

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads