SiteLink and PTI interface issue.

Options
mistore
mistore Registered User ✭✭
Anybody have a good understanding on how SiteLink interacts with gate software?

The situation I have is;

one of my tenants was delinquent, to get paid up she wanted the unit put into her boyfriends name. No big deal, they were getting some sort of education assistance through the local college, and needed to have his name as primary account holder.

I did this, the unit got paid up and current, but the PTI gate software would not update and give them access? No matter if I restarted or manually updated both software, it still would not recognize 1) the new name on the unit account, or 2) the fact the unit was up to date. 

I put her name back on as primary, manually updated, and everything was fine. I put his name on it, and it does not update the gate software with it. She just paid for the upcoming month, I am concerned that the gate is not going to recognize this and may deny access?

What I am curious about, is if SiteLink is keyed in on tenant name, instead of unit number? Is this a bug? A feature? Something new? I've changed tenant names numerous times, for various reasons, and have never noticed this "issue". 

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant say for certain, but it sounds like PTI is the sticking point. Maybe it wont let Sitelink change the name on a unit already occupied.

If that is the case, you might be able to move out the unit in PTI and then refresh the gates from Sitelink.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, what @themage said.  PTI is the issue.  Vacate the unit from Storlogix and then in Sitelink (below lead to lease) "access" > select any tenant > update all tenants.  
  • storage_queen3210
    storage_queen3210 Registered User
    Options
    Have you tried going through Company > Set Up > Access Set Up > and then selecting Update Gate for all tenants? If so, I would just manually delete her user information from Storlogix, add the boyfriend in as a user then link his name and the access code to the unit. I've done this before in the past when having issues with Storlogix. Just remember to make a note on the account that the user has been manually added in as sometimes when the account gets moved out, Storlogix has not "deleted" the user. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anytime I've transferred a unit to someone else's name, it doesn't update in Storlogix. I have to manually go in, find the previous tenant name and just edit first, last, and display. On your SiteLink initial sign in, click on update gate and that usually fixes any issues I'm having with user issues. Or as mentioned, go into setup and update it that way. I've had to go in and manually unsuspend a few users in StorLogix this month after they paid because it didn't update afterwards.
  • mistore
    Options
    Have you tried going through Company > Set Up > Access Set Up > and then selecting Update Gate for all tenants? 
    I did do that, and it still did not update it.
  • mistore
    Options
    themage said:
    I cant say for certain, but it sounds like PTI is the sticking point. Maybe it wont let Sitelink change the name on a unit already occupied.

If that is the case, you might be able to move out the unit in PTI and then refresh the gates from Sitelink.
    Yea, my assumption is that it's how PTI is pulling the updated information in. Rebooting, refreshing, manually updating the gate; all had no effect.

I just changed the account to her name, updated the gate, and then put his name back on as primary. Oddest thing is, the gate recognized the account was current with the next payment made, even though it doesn't recognize the tenant name change...  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads