Autopay Set-Up

Options
98% of my property is on autopay, so it takes a LOOOOOOONG time. 

Is there a way to set up SiteLink to automatically run autopay at a certain time during closed hours?

(I tried to select "Billing and Accounting" under the "How-To's" category, but it was unavailable.)
Tagged:

Answers

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Set UP> Program Defaults>Batch
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you do the batch processing that Anita shows, they run just after midnight.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this feature and we've been using it for a few years now. It automatically emails any invoices you have setup, too. Ours usually run between 2 - 4am. If you do enable this, I would suggest: When someone gives you a future vacate notice, make sure you check the box to Disable Auto billing when at the calendar screen....so if they move out the night of the 31st, their card won't be charged on the 1st. If they end up not vacating, you'll just adjust their date and click the option to put back on autopay.
  • StoreHouseGranbury
    StoreHouseGranbury Registered User
    Options
    Thank you, all!  I thought there'd have to be a way.
    I love this forum!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @StoreHouseGranbury - as mentioned above (thanks @AnitaJohnson1269, @MamaDuke7, and @ESS!), you can enable and configure the batch auto-billing (and/or invoicing) system in Program Defaults. I've attached a picture below. You can also manually initiate invoicing and auto-billing from myHub (which use the same batch system) to process these events in the background so they do not prevent using SiteLink Web Edition.

• StoreHouseGranbury
    StoreHouseGranbury Registered User
    Options
    Thank you very much.  One thing I forgot...I run autopay on the third of the month.  Can the batch processing be set to a day other than the first?  And MyHub sounds like the better option.  I'll look there to see if I can figure that one out.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It processes it when there is a balance owed. So if you are FOM billing, the new charge is created, prompting autopay to run. In order to adjust this, go into each tenant ledger settings and click the Auto Bill on Day Past, adjust it to 2 (2 days past due which is the 3rd). 
  • Oren
    Oren Registered User
    Options
    Hello, I'm new but I've been trying to register since I was hired in November! I finally succeeded today and I was curious about the new update coming for us tonight.

Along the way, I've found myself here. I'm curious about the autobilling autorun feature. I usually have my site tie up a computer on the morning of the first for an hour or so doing autopay. It wouldn't hurt to have it run overnight though. 

I've noticed some issues in the past couple of months with not all cards (around 60%) actually being run while running autopay and a number of people saying that they haven't gotten receipts. I am not sure if it's just too much for our hardware or if it's just SiteLink being unreliable.

I have just over 1000 units here, would that be more or less than you guys that are using it without issue?

Thanks!
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are running just over 1000 units and,  except for an occasional hiccup, haven't noticed any issues auto-paying cards or sending receipts. We bill on anniversary date, though. If you are billing first-of-month, that would make the workload much heavier.

It can be a pain, but you may need to go into each account that didn't run and make sure it is set to auto pay, and that it has a valid address attached to the card.

We started using the automatic overnight billing and invoicing a few months ago and we really like it. It is quick and easy to check it in the morning, and when it does have an issue, you can still run it manually.

Your email provider may be dropping outgoing emails if you send a lot at once, or even if you send too many in a day. Many providers have pretty low limits in order to reduce spam.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads