credit card payments coming back declined

Options
LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
Do you ever get a noticed later that a card has been declined or didn't go thru?
Do you check monthly, that they all processed?

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I received an email from Storable Payments that a credit card charge (made online through Sitelink web payments) back on March 5th failed to process on the payment processor end. 

The Techs said we would need to NSF the payment in Sitelink and reprocess the card (which we don't have). Now we are waiting for the customer to return our calls.

Before that I've never had an issue aside from one or two chargebacks over the years.

I had always thought if you receive an auth code for a charge it's done, unless the payment is contested later... 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LADYLIFT1 - the best thing to do is to monitor your bank deposits occasionally (at least). The Receipt Audit feature (near the Daily Close button) can help with this.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    That is strange, I have never had an online payment appear to go through and then find later that it declined. My auto-pays show immediately if they are declined. One issue we are having is, sometimes it will say generic decline, and then we go and run the card through the tenant's account and it goes through immediately, not sure what that problem is about, but frustrating because I typically send all declined customers an e-mail immediately. They don't like that, especially when seconds later we get it to run individually. It is happening more and more recently. 
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @sonyawiprud I also continue to have the same issue. We processed the auto-pays this morning and I have about 60 more "generic declines" than last month. I then preview and process before running, and only get about half of those to go thru.

Contacted support and the recommended solution was to reboot the computer and complete a live update weekly w/ sitelink. This did not fix the issue..

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
     One issue we are having is, sometimes it will say generic decline, and then we go and run the card through the tenant's account and it goes through immediately, not sure what that problem is about, but frustrating because I typically send all declined customers an e-mail immediately. They don't like that, especially when seconds later we get it to run individually. It is happening more and more recently. 
    I've had to do this. I print the list of the declined tenants and have to go into each of their accounts and process the cards. For the most part, a lot of them are sucessful. We are set in beta mode to run AP automatically, as well. If they still decline after that, then I'll send them a decline email. If they still decline the second day, I resend the decline email and advise they have been temporarily suspended from autopay until they update their card or call to advise funds are available. If they decline 2 months consecutively, I remove them from autopay indefinitely and let them know they are responsible for making sure their bill is paid each month.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @ESS is there different way to process them within the account thru the payments screen? Or are you just selecting preview and process to run it -after selecting credit cards in the reminders? 

• GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    One issue we are having is, sometimes it will say generic decline, and then we go and run the card through the tenant's account and it goes through immediately, not sure what that problem is about, but frustrating because I typically send all declined customers an e-mail immediately. They don't like that, especially when seconds later we get it to run individually. It is happening more and more recently. 
    Yep, I get that from time to time as well. 
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    So far, I have not had any declines days later.  I have been having issues with running a few payments and being declined, with the message declined by issuing bank, do not reattempt etc.  The tenant insisted it was on our end.  Well today we discovered the payment being used had a different billing address from the tenant's primary address.  Now, I was not getting a AVS mismatch or anything as this card was only being used for a one time payment.  We were informed by the tenant's bank that payment was being declined due to a bad billing address.  We ran the payment again, I manually typed in the billing address for that card and the payment went through no problem.  I wish the reason codes we get were more detailed, would of definitely saved me some time of trying to figure out why the payment wouldn't go through.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DDP3 said:
    @ESS is there different way to process them within the account thru the payments screen? Or are you just selecting preview and process to run it -after selecting credit cards in the reminders? 

Yes, I actually go into their accounts from the payments screen, manually type in the amount due and select the card on file from the dropdown menu. This way I know I'm getting a more accurate result vs a batch setting.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm, I see @ESS - My dropdown only lists the following "ACH, Cash, Check, Debit, M/O, Manuel Credit Card, or Offline payment. Should that dropdown also show the credit card on file if that tenant is on AutoPay? If so, do I need to go thru corporate to enable that feature? Thank you!
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DDP3 said:
    Hmmm, I see @ESS - My dropdown only lists the following "ACH, Cash, Check, Debit, M/O, Manuel Credit Card, or Offline payment. Should that dropdown also show the credit card on file if that tenant is on AutoPay? If so, do I need to go thru corporate to enable that feature? Thank you!
    When you select Manual Credit Card, the saved card becomes available.
  • ESS
    Options
    DDP3 said:
    Yes sorry. Thank you for clarifying @MamaDuke7. It's not under Method. If a Cards on File number isn't in the dropdown, you'll have to select Credit Card Manual, then it will appear.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Odd, I can not seem to get it to auto fill with the CC on file. I tried entering the dollar amount first, and then clicking CCM. I then clicked CCM first, entered the rent amount, but still not having any luck. Am I doing something wrong here lol? @ESS @MamaDuke7

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should see this if they have a card on file.

• DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, no I've never seen that. I've checked multiple AutoPay tenants but none of them allow me to see that "Cards On File" dropdown. Mine shows a blank space right there no matter the method. Any ideas?

@ESS @MamaDuke7

• MamaDuke7
    Options
    DDP3 said:
    damn, no I've never seen that. I've checked multiple AutoPay tenants but none of them allow me to see that "Cards On File" dropdown. Mine shows a blank space right there no matter the method. Any ideas?

@ESS @MamaDuke7

If you go into ledger settings and edit auto bill, can you see that they have a card on file?
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I looked into a couple of autopay tenants but still no luck. @MamaDuke7

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Setup, Program Defaults, Payments. look for a checkbox that says "if the tenant has a credit card number on record, show it when taking credit card payment". Make sure the box is checked.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    That was it! Thanks @themage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads