CC autobill update for multiple units

Options
mistore
mistore Registered User ✭✭
I have a tenant with multiple (2) units; they called and updated with new CC information, I took the call and updated with Myhub. Evidently, the new credit card information get put into the unit I called up, but not to the other unit that the customer rents??

My assumption would have been that since the two units are linked to the same customer that any payment changes would be global. Is this not the case? Do I need to do a separate manual update with new card information for every unit the customer rents? Is there a specific way I need to update payment information to ensure that it gets applied to all units a customer rents?

Comments

• BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    From the Operations screen you will click on Tenants, choose the Tenant and click on Multi-Unit Credit Card (on the right). Click on both unit #'s and click edit. If you go into the Payments page, you would have to enter the info twice or for each unit & save it. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Myhub, it is under customers, Tenants, select but don't open one of the units you want to change.

Pull the slideout menu on the right, and there is Multi Unit Credit Card. Select the units you want to set the card info for and fill it in.
  • mistore
    Options
    From the Operations screen you will click on Tenants, choose the Tenant and click on Multi-Unit Credit Card (on the right). Click on both unit #'s and click edit. If you go into the Payments page, you would have to enter the info twice or for each unit & save it. 
     So, evidently I can't do that via Myhub? As far as I can tell, I can go through that process, but not select multiple units.

I can go -> Customers ->Tenants -> (select tenant)-> Multi-unit Credit Card... but then I still have to do each unit, manually, individually?
  • mistore
    Options
    themage said:
    In Myhub, it is under customers, Tenants, select but don't open one of the units you want to change.

Pull the slideout menu on the right, and there is Multi Unit Credit Card. Select the units you want to set the card info for and fill it in.
    I did find that; it will only allow me to select one unit account to change? Or will it then apply changes to both?
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    mistore said:
    themage said:

I did find that; it will only allow me to select one unit account to change? Or will it then apply changes to both?
    In MyHub, if you click on All Units above the unit #'s it still won't let you save to both/all?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mistore - Tenants with multiple units can have the same card or use different cards per unit.

In myHub you can only change the credit card information for one unit at a time. So in this case you would need to update both units.

Note that tenants can update the card on file for multiple units that the tenant rents at the same time.

You can find more information here: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2369/how-do-i-update-a-tenants-credit-card-information

• mistore
    Options
    @storable_support

What is the business purpose for doing it this way? It seems unnecessarily convoluted to have to check to see if a customer rent's multiple units anytime someone calls in to change CC information. Is there a reason the system can't simply prompt with a "This tenant rents other units, would you like to apply these changes to those also" like it does with other things?

Maybe I'm just doing something procedurally wrong with the software, but this scenario has played out twice this month. Is it correct to say that the auto pay payment information is tied to a specific rented unit, and not the person renting it?

• mistore
    Options
    mistore said:
    themage said:

In MyHub, if you click on All Units above the unit #'s it still won't let you save to both/all?
    I don't have an option to click anything. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads