After update?

Options
GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
First card payment of the morning and received this:

"6/13/2023 9:22 AM EB: Credit Card - The SiteLink payment transaction failed.
SiteLink VOIDED the credit card transaction through the credit card processor so you must process the payment through SiteLink again.
Cardholder: <tenant name removed>
Amount: 116.00
Reference: p1_txn_648897bb83825c0cb7ad5ee"

I ran the card again and it went through fine. However, why would it give me that error?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have that error happen unexplained a couple times a year.  And generally, if I rerun it, it works fine.
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    Just got of the phone with technical support. My customers card was charged twice (I went in & refunded one of the charges), but the payment isn't reflecting on his unit. I was told they are having issues and not to process any credit cards until it is resolved hopefully by the end of the day. I told her it would be nice if they would send out an email notifying everyone.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a known error and you just need to check MyHub in Storable Payments to see if it actually went thru. I just had it happen with a walk-in POS. Storable pmts said it was approved so I didn't run it again.
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    edited June 2023
    Options
    When you ran it, did it update the paid through date on your customers account?
  • GlenMark
    Options
    The first time I ran it, there was no update to the paid-through date. Second time I ran it, the payment went through just fine.

Also ran another card just now (before looking at this thread again) and got this:

"6/13/2023 10:56 AM EB: Credit Card - Name: <tenant name removed> Type: Master Card CC Number: **** Amt: $54.00
    Msg: Failure - Verify if payment was processed before retrying Reason Code: "

I looked at my Proof Edit sheet for today and this payment did not go through.

Now I find out (thanks ksenn) that we probably shouldn't run cards today until SiteLink figures out what's going on?

Really? This is not restoring any confidence in SiteLink; especially considering the bulk of my rent payments are made via card.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ksenn said:
    When you ran it, did it update the paid through date on your customers account?
    it wasn't a tenant, someone walked in and bought merchandise. It's not listed in my receipts either, but it shows "approved" in Storable Payments
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    I wonder if they are going to let us know when it is fixed.....
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    GlenMark said:
    The first time I ran it, there was no update to the paid-through date. Second time I ran it, the payment went through just fine.

Also ran another card just now (before looking at this thread again) and got this:

"6/13/2023 10:56 AM EB: Credit Card - Name: <tenant name removed> Type: Master Card CC Number: **** Amt: $54.00
    Msg: Failure - Verify if payment was processed before retrying Reason Code: "

I looked at my Proof Edit sheet for today and this payment did not go through.

Now I find out (thanks ksenn) that we probably shouldn't run cards today until SiteLink figures out what's going on?

Really? This is not restoring any confidence in SiteLink; especially considering the bulk of my rent payments are made via card.
    Did you go to SiteLink myHub and make sure that your first customer wasn't charged twice? I would check on the payment screen in myHub to make sure the second customers card wasn't charged also. My customer was charged, but it never showed on his unit or on my day end report. I need to figure out how to get it applied or maybe it will be done automatically when they fix the issue.
  • storage_queen3210
    storage_queen3210 Registered User
    Options
    We are having the same issue. We went in and closed our day to get rid of that "duplicate transaction" and then went into each account and instead of auto charging the cards as a whole, we went into each individual account and were able to manually charge the card on file and have it process. In our payment processor back end, there were no duplicate charges. It showed as a charge initially but then an instant refund when we tried to do it the auto-charge all way.
  • GlenMark
    Options
    ksenn said:
    Did you go to SiteLink myHub and make sure that your first customer wasn't charged twice? I would check on the payment screen in myHub to make sure the second customers card wasn't charged also. My customer was charged, but it never showed on his unit or on my day end report. I need to figure out how to get it applied or maybe it will be done automatically when they fix the issue.
    I did and it showed the payment as not having been processed. However, SiteLink's notice about my issue said I would need to go through Corporate Control on MyHub (which I do not have access to) to see if the tenant was charged. So I passed it on to the company owner.
  • ESS
    Options
    So how do we close out the day when that payment isn't showing in SL yet?? I'm on hold with support but they keep transferring me but nobody knows how to help
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    So how do we close out the day when that payment isn't showing in SL yet?? I'm on hold with support but they keep transferring me but nobody knows how to help
    You have to go into SL and enter an offline payment.
  • ESS
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:
    Yeah, I had to do into merchandise purchase again, duplicate the sale, do offline pmt by the last 4 of the card #, and 9999 as the authorization. It took tier 2 52 minutes after I closed to get it fixed and books balanced.
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    ESS said:
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:
    Yeah, I had to do into merchandise purchase again, duplicate the sale, do offline pmt by the last 4 of the card #, and 9999 as the authorization. It took tier 2 52 minutes after I closed to get it fixed and books balanced.
    That really stinks!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads