Split up a payment

helenatim
helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
My tenant has two units. She went online and made a large payment that went to one unit instead of both units. Can I split the payment up or do I need to refund the payment and do a new pair of transactions?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need to manually add the extra charges back on that space and manually credit the other one.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @helenatim - There a couple of options.

Option 1. You can credit the unit not paid and then add a administrative adjustment charge to the one that overpaid. The paid through date will still be in the future but after the next payment, everything will realign.

Option 2 is to refund the payment and then process a new payment. The downside to this option is the refund may take 10-14 business days before the tenant receives the funds. So processing a new payment may not be an option and worth a discussion with the tenant.

Option 3: if the payment has not been closed, you can void the payment and take a new payment. This will void the payment and the funds should drop off in 1-3 business days.

• DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Option 3 FTW @helenatim
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you void or NSF the payment (not refunding it back), then reapply it correctly as an "offline" payment using the approval code?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads