AVS Mismatches - Still no fix?

Options
i43storage
i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @storable_support -

Any ETA on when you will have the AVS Mismatch issue cleared up?  I'm talking about the addresses that we know are correct.  I'm tired of seeing them all in my Reminders.  I have been told on numerous occasions that we are not being charged extra for AVS mismatches; however, it makes me a bit nervous to see these nonetheless.  Maybe you could make options for us to decide what we want to see in the Reminders and what we don't need to see in the Reminders?
Jean Marie
I-43 Storage

Comments

• ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    we only show 4 AVS mismatch, but 6 pages of not checked....
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ours have gone down to 28, but I have double triple, quadruple checked with those tenants and they are correct so it's still off. However, it's not in the 50s anymore. Storable did say we are not being charged a higher rate for the mismatches tho.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ksenn said:
    I have 2 pages of "not checked" and the tenants have been on autopay for years so they should have been checked by now. I wish we could do how we could before; a partial address. We used to be able to just enter the zip code if it wasn't accepting the address and it was still considered a match. They took that away last year.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Partial matches should be showing up as a match again, but there are a lot of 'not checked' to take care of.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to check the "not checked" either because it costs money to check but it does not cost money if they are not checked.   B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    Options
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't understand why Sitelink can't automatically check all the autobill accounts... Why do I have to go into each account, and then each unit, click on "Verify AVS" then wait for it to check... 

Why doesn't it check when the charge happens? 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the autobills must be running without AVS checking. Maybe it saves bandwidth or processing time on the server. Seems like they were checking for a little while, though.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like we had a short reprieve from mismatches and now since the new update they are BACK!! I have someone showing an AVS mismatch that the address is correct but the zip is wrong, this is a small town right next  to me that only has one zip code, it can't be wrong, I have re-typed it in and still says the address matches but not the zip code. Pretty dumb. So, since the recent update, auto pays are being checked for AVS matches, this means all that work we did earlier this year to get them off the reminder list has been undone, the only way I have found to get them off the list is to go check them, if it says no match, we remove a period or # sign and leave it unchecked so that it gets removed from the list, what Storable is doing now is alerting us of the unchecked ones. We have verified billing addresses with customers and they assure us the addresses on file are correct. One problem I see is customers with multiple units, one says match, the other says mismatch, same exact address and card. As is the case with SiteLink and Storlogix, nothing is set up to understand that people have multiple units. How hard can it be to realize that? I can't be the only one with customers that have several units. End rant. :)
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    ESS said:
    ksenn said:
    I have 2 pages of "not checked" and the tenants have been on autopay for years so they should have been checked by now. I wish we could do how we could before; a partial address. We used to be able to just enter the zip code if it wasn't accepting the address and it was still considered a match. They took that away last year.
    You have to manually check them yourself. I have one other employee and together we painstakingly checked each and every one that said not checked, I have 900 people on auto-pay. Couldn't say how many we processed that were unchecked. We keep the report handy and occasionally go back and check them again. 
  • ESS
    Options
    ESS said:
    ksenn said:
    You have to manually check them yourself. I have one other employee and together we painstakingly checked each and every one that said not checked, I have 900 people on auto-pay. Couldn't say how many we processed that were unchecked. We keep the report handy and occasionally go back and check them again. 
    The last time I tried to check one in a tenant's Ledger Setting, I had to reenter the CVV and we don't keep that on file so I didn't even go any further.
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    ESS said:
    ESS said:
    ksenn said:
    The last time I tried to check one in a tenant's Ledger Setting, I had to reenter the CVV and we don't keep that on file so I didn't even go any further.
    That sucks, I don't have to re-enter the code, the cell is blank but it doesn't prompt me to enter it. 
  • themage
    Options
    You shouldn't need to re-enter the CVV. You might have to backspace a digit in the zip code and re-enter it to make the verify button clickable.
  • ESS
    Options
    themage said:
    You shouldn't need to re-enter the CVV. You might have to backspace a digit in the zip code and re-enter it to make the verify button clickable.
    I just tried it again and it worked. It will usually tell me I have to finish entering the info and requests the CVV
  • ESS
    edited August 2023
    Options
    What do we do with the ones that we check but don't get a result or anything?

Edited to add: when I go back into those tenant's ledgers, the results still show "AVS Information Has Not Been Verified"

• themage
    edited August 2023
    Options
    When it just blinks and doesn't return a result, ok out, ok again and let it save, then go back into the autopay settings and try it one more time. MOST of ours completed the check after these steps. Of course, not all of them actually matched, and we do have 2 (out of hundreds) that still wont verify at all.

I am not sure why this works, or why we need the workaround at all, but I believe Sitelink is still ironing out some of the credit card processing. Hopefully this will get resolved, eventually.
  • ESS
    Options
    themage said:
    When it just blinks and doesn't return a result, ok out, ok again and let it save, then go back into the autopay settings and try it one more time. MOST of ours completed the check after these steps. Of course, not all of them actually matched, and we do have 2 (out of hundreds) that still wont verify at all.

I am not sure why this works, or why we need the workaround at all, but I believe Sitelink is still ironing out some of the credit card processing. Hopefully this will get resolved, eventually.
    Still just getting the blinks. I did manage to get my No matches down to 11 from 25. Most of them were actually correct when I checked them but were listed as no match. The 11 I have left are the tenants who have had the same address practically their whole lives but still getting kicked back.
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    The problem with my method of getting mismatches off my list is that it only works for this month of rent, as soon as I run auto pay on them again next month I am going to get the same ones over and over. 
    My way usually returns a no match, so then I have to leave them unchecked. So it will happen again on these customers, and we have called them and verified them and still getting mismatches on legit addresses, also multi unit owners, one will say it matches but the other units will say no match, same customer, same address. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have given up on this. No idea if I am being charged extra or not, but cant waste any more time entering new AVS and checking it.  
  • i43storage
    Options
    Every time you check the AVS you get charged.  If you have any AVS mismatches, you will not be charged extra to run the card.  My solution is to do nothing.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    I got  this from support: (it makes sense I guess) 

For the declined card, some cards placed on file will not meet the security perimeters for the card company, whereas a single payment done in the payment screen appears as a transaction like the cardholder is standing there presently. Sometimes deleting the card on file and replacing it will fix this issue for a few months. It just depends on their security for that particular card. Card companies are constantly fighting fraud and changing their settings of security without notifying the cardholder of the changes. 

AVS mismatches are sensitive. Whereas most of the time the avs not matching will not prevent a card from going through, our processor will always as to check for every sale. Any time you run a card, it will ask their bank if the AVS matches automatically. Not all cards will respond when our processor asks which may cause a mismatch or unchecked response. It may also be sensitive to the short vs longer zip codes, as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to assist you :)

Thank you,

Jessi | Storable Support

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I got  this from support: (it makes sense I guess) 

For the declined card, some cards placed on file will not meet the security perimeters for the card company, whereas a single payment done in the payment screen appears as a transaction like the cardholder is standing there presently. Sometimes deleting the card on file and replacing it will fix this issue for a few months. It just depends on their security for that particular card. Card companies are constantly fighting fraud and changing their settings of security without notifying the cardholder of the changes. 

AVS mismatches are sensitive. Whereas most of the time the avs not matching will not prevent a card from going through, our processor will always as to check for every sale. Any time you run a card, it will ask their bank if the AVS matches automatically. Not all cards will respond when our processor asks which may cause a mismatch or unchecked response. It may also be sensitive to the short vs longer zip codes, as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to assist you :)

Thank you,

Jessi | Storable Support

So, AVS mismatches are ever-changing? I am going to continue to ignore them since they can't be defeated. 
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    Wonder if @storable_support has read this thread? I'm training a new person now and this slow and tedious process makes no sense to them. Go to the account, edit ledger settings, edit cc, change one letter or number in the address, change it back, do not click check AVS, save, yes to save, No I do not want to print a CC addendum, OK, back button, next mismatch, etc etc etc. It's a set up for mistakes to happen for sure! I get them everyday because I run on anniversary and run cards on auto pay every day. Is there a way to make this feature Optional? It says option to check AVS, but can it be turned off? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have learned to just ignore the reminder for AVS mismatches.  Either they are right or they aren't. I have what the customer gave me, or what they entered themselves. I don't have time to call everyone to confirm.  And I'm not going through the motions month after month just to make the reminder go away!
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I have learned to just ignore the reminder for AVS mismatches.  Either they are right or they aren't. I have what the customer gave me, or what they entered themselves. I don't have time to call everyone to confirm.  And I'm not going through the motions month after month just to make the reminder go away!
    Same here.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads