Label Shapes on Maps

Options
Can someone tell me if there is a way to label the shapes on the maps that are placed.  One of our facilities is underground and has pillars (50+) throughout their facility.  They use these pillars as a mapping structure for their spaces and they are all numbered/lettered.  We would like to be able to reflect these as such on the map as well.  When placing the circles on the map, the numbers/letters do not stay inside the shapes so that we can see them on the map.

Answers

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can label shapes.  When you add the shape, the "map name" is what will be inside the shape.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • bluesprings
    bluesprings Registered User
    Options
    When we add the "map name" the name does not show up inside of the shape.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you making your shape big enough for the name?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • bluesprings
    bluesprings Registered User
    Options
    Yes, the odd thing is this.  I can make any shape and label it but I when it comes to the circle I can not label it.
  • i43storage
    Options
    Got it.  Sorry I can't help more.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bluesprings - sounds like something might not be right on your system. If you'd give our support team a call, they would be happy to help you troubleshoot.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of shapes, why isn't there an L shape? I have units that turn a corner and go under or over the stairs, I even tried to make a 5x10 with a 5x5 and had to label it differently which then caused that unit to be unclickable on the map and now I can't get it back. LOL 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of shapes, why isn't there an L shape? I have units that turn a corner and go under or over the stairs, I even tried to make a 5x10 with a 5x5 and had to label it differently which then caused that unit to be unclickable on the map and now I can't get it back. LOL 
    I have a bunch of triangular units!!!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Somebody must have used the custom angle button, wait are your units actually triangles?? Yikes!
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Somebody must have used the custom angle button, wait are your units actually triangles?? Yikes!
    Yep!  I have 1 row on each of the 3 floors in both buildings.  The property itself is triangular, so they made the most of it!  Takes special customers to use those spaces, though!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads