STOPPING PAYMENT ONLINE

Options
LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
How to make it where someone can't make an online payment?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in the payment screen, edit the address, under the email field is Web Password and next to it is a check box for Disable Web Access.
  • LADYLIFT1
    Options
    Thank you
  • tmSK
    tmSK Registered User
    Options
    @LADYLIFT1 If you disable web access and the tenant resets their password via the web portal it will give them access to online payments again. The only way that I can find that works 100% of the time is to remove their email address and copy it to the Note field.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tmSK said:
    @LADYLIFT1 If you disable web access and the tenant resets their password via the web portal it will give them access to online payments again. The only way that I can find that works 100% of the time is to remove their email address and copy it to the Note field.
    I had NO idea about this loophole!

@storable_support Can you confirm this? If so, we have to make some changes here!
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    tmSK said:
    The only way that I can find that works 100% of the time is to remove their email address and copy it to the Note field.
    They could then just create a new online account.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tmSK said:
    @LADYLIFT1 If you disable web access and the tenant resets their password via the web portal it will give them access to online payments again. 
    I tested this out.  This is what happens when they are disabled and try to reset the password.

• LADYLIFT1
    Options
    Well that's not good. We should be able to stop it.
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    LADYLIFT1 said:
    Well that's not good. We should be able to stop it.
    It does stop them.  It won't give a password and it tells them they are disabled.
  • LADYLIFT1
    Options
    Ok Thank you
  • tmSK
    tmSK Registered User
    Options
    @MamaDuke7 That must have been fixed in a recent update - I was battling with a tenant who put a bogus card on file then would log in to pay whenever she felt like it. Glad it's working correctly now.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads