Storage Lien Management companies

Options
Hello!
I want to know if there are any Lien management companies out there that will handle all lien processes from start to finish? Letters, lien searches, letters again, selling of unit etc. I think this would be a much more favorable way to handle liens for Self Storage facility. I did a Google search but must be searching for the wrong thing lol. HELP.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I know a lot of managers use Late 2 Lien, but I'm not sure just how far they take everything
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I know of a huge Reit storage company that uses Late 2 Lien, they basically send out the Lien Letters.  The managers or staff have to upload the Leases into Late 2 Lien, they verify and send the Lien outs.   The managers and staff still cut locks, set up online auction, post pictures, deal with the buyers etc.  Not to mention this storage company has had to reschedule auctions on dozen and dozen of occasions that Late 2 Lien never sent the Lien letters, they were sent to wrong address etc.  Late 2 Lien also sends out their rate increase letters and they have had to push out the rate increase to the following month because again the letters were not going out correctly.  I've used them when I worked with the big reit storage companies and for the most part Late 2 Lien was okay, had some issues, nothing major.  For a big company I totally  understand why they use these companies as they can pass the liability off on Late 2 Lien especially if you have managers that were not fully trained or just lazy and may miss something that leaves the company open for Legal issues.  

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GM_SJ_BSS said:
    I know of a huge Reit storage company that uses Late 2 Lien, they basically send out the Lien Letters.  The managers or staff have to upload the Leases into Late 2 Lien, they verify and send the Lien outs.   The managers and staff still cut locks, set up online auction, post pictures, deal with the buyers etc.  Not to mention this storage company has had to reschedule auctions on dozen and dozen of occasions that Late 2 Lien never sent the Lien letters, they were sent to wrong address etc.  Late 2 Lien also sends out their rate increase letters and they have had to push out the rate increase to the following month because again the letters were not going out correctly.  I've used them when I worked with the big reit storage companies and for the most part Late 2 Lien was okay, had some issues, nothing major.  For a big company I totally  understand why they use these companies as they can pass the liability off on Late 2 Lien especially if you have managers that were not fully trained or just lazy and may miss something that leaves the company open for Legal issues.  
    WOOW! That kinda defeats the purpose of using them, huh?! We are ok with doing our own paperwork lol
  • Myquestisu
    Myquestisu Registered User
    Options
    I have 700 units here. I wasn't necessarily looking to be lazy, but I did want it to be easier. But it doesn't sound like it's worth it. Thank you all for your input. I very much appreciate it. 
  • ESS
    Options
    I have 700 units here. I wasn't necessarily looking to be lazy, but I did want it to be easier. But it doesn't sound like it's worth it. Thank you all for your input. I very much appreciate it. 
    I'm glad I got this feedback too. I really thought they did the whole process and was going to ask my boss about it. Glad I didn't!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads