PTI Gate Key Pad

Options
My PTI gate key pad is reading "Tamper Lockout" and will not let anyone in and my remote won't open it.  Why??  And how do I fix this?

Best Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Like @ESS said, there is a switch or sometimes an optical sensor inside the keypad. Sometimes they get dirty or wet, causing them to trigger. Turn off the power, open the keypad, gently but thoroughly blow out / remove any dust and bugs. make sure the mounting bolts are tight and the grounding wire is tightly connected on both ends. Close the keypad and make sure the lock is completely locked. Power it back up and see if it works.

Most keypads with a tamper switch have a way to turn off the anti-tampering function. 

For Falcon XT, for example:
    1. At the keypad displaying the tamper message, hit the *,0, and # keys at the same time.
    2. Enter the setup password of 8898 when prompted, then use the # key to progress through the menu.
    3. When you reach the message “Tamper Sensor is:” use the * key to toggle the status to DISABLED.
    4. Use the # key to progress through the remaining menu options until the keypad returns to the normal time and date.
    This should be a temporary measure until the inside of the keypad is cleaned or repaired.
  • ReeBee
    ReeBee Registered User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you so much!!  I was able to turn the tamper to DISABLED and we are up and running!!

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go inside to your box and turn it off (or unplug it), wait then turn it back on. This usually fixes most of our issues with keypads.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My boss that handles all of our keypads says: "You can get into the keypad and change tamper to off. There is a button on back of keypad that needs to remain pressed as its mounted. If mount is loose it will activate tamper."

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads