Credit Cards vs ACH. Or Both?

It seems like everyone is doing CC's, but not so many facilities are doing ACH. Does it cost more to process ACH? Is is a hassle?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I am thinking of adding ACH
Tagged:

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    We don't do ACH, so I can't help you there.  We do take checks and our bank provides a scanner for us to deposit remotely at no charge. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We stopped doing ACH just because it was a hassle. Manually checking for returns is one thing, but having those returns happen 2 weeks (or more sometimes) after the payment was made was more than our office team wanted to deal with. 

As long as your team stays on top of it, ACH is nice and I believe less expensive than cards, but cards usually let you know right away if the payment was successful.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    themage said:
    We stopped doing ACH just because it was a hassle. Manually checking for returns is one thing, but having those returns happen 2 weeks (or more sometimes) after the payment was made was more than our office team wanted to deal with. 

As long as your team stays on top of it, ACH is nice and I believe less expensive than cards, but cards usually let you know right away if the payment was successful.
    This is why I would prefer not to deal with ACH. 
  • ChrisRobinson
    ChrisRobinson Registered User
    Wish I could help you. Our facilities are CC only. No cash, Check, or ACH.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks.  Good reasons to stick with cc only.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads