Random Question

Options
Does any managers/owners have sprinkler in units. We built a brand-new facility and some have sprinkler heads in units. Fire Marshall suggested we put in our contract somewhere stating keep items 18" from head - and if they hit head, they are responsible...

Anyone have verbiage in contracts or a amendment to lease stating something like this.

Full disclosure I agree with Fire Marshall so customer is aware, but can they be held liable??
Thank you, group.

Answers

• Stacy
    Stacy Registered User
    Options
    We have three locations and no sprinkler head. Sorry
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have them in every unit. While we were never told about the 18" rule, we were recently "dinged" on our last annual fire inspection; A few units that had boxes too close. We just had to contact the tenants and have them move stuff to comply with the codes.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options
    The county we're in doesn't require them. We had a facility in a county that did, but we didn't have any verbiage in our lease addressing that. We sold that property a few years back so it's PS problem now
  • pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    Options
    I used to work at a hospital and it is code that everything has to be 18 inches or more away from the sprinkler head.  We also had to use canned air on them to keep dust off of them.  They dinged us on that.  I would send out a standard letter to every tenant and make sure your new ones know the rule.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads