Price Changes

Options
Rent increases are common in the storage world but I would like to know how are decreases handled?   Does anyone have experience with rent prices going down and if so how do you handle?  Leave alone and hope current tenants aren't paying attention?  Or do we adjust our current tenant's monthly rent?  And if the answer is leave it alone what do we tell the tenant who brings it to our attention?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have always had tenants above current street rates.  They never find out, and it's part of the business.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We tell tenants above street rates that question, "It's an introductory rate for new rentals." Only a few times has someone rented a new unit and vacated their higher rated unit. Less than 1%
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just explain that the rate they are paying is what it was at the time they moved in, they usually understand but if they ask to transfer to the same size unit to get the lower rate, I either let them do it or I adjust their rent on a case by case basis. I don't get very many people finding out. I fear the most recent rate increases that already processed might cause people to search for cheaper units and see that mine dropped way down! Thanks for that corporate! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads