SiteLink StandAlone or Web Edition--which one is a better fit for you and your site?

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Did you choose one over the other for very specific reasons? Or maybe you've even tried them both and found one works better for your situation. 

Comments

• RMS_Aldine
    RMS_Aldine Registered User
    Our only introduction was to Web Edition. We have multiple locations in our organization that all have multiple setups. This was the best solution for us.
  • Climateguard
    Climateguard Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    We use the Web Edition as well. Its great to be able to have it on multiple computers. :)
  • jcrow
    jcrow Registered User
    edited May 2017
    We use Web Edition, it's great to be able to access from other computers. However, I can no longer access from my laptop because it's running Windows XP. That's OK because I have GoToMyPc on our facility computer and my smart phone. The best reason that I can think of for using the Web Edition. In 2010 this facilities office was broken into and the computer stolen. At the time it had the stand alone version so all data was LOST. The previous manager had to input all 400 tenants into the new computer now running Web Edition. For any reason, if there is ever a problem with your system, the software, etc. you've always got an offsite backup with Web Edition. SiteLink ROCKS: :-) 
  • David_McCormack
    David_McCormack SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    As a side note for others who are on Windows XP:  Microsoft did release a patch for the worldwide rasom-ware threat that's been on the news for Windows XP users. Apparently even thought XP is long out of support, they decided it was the right thing to do:  

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55245

David McCormack

SiteLink Software | Director of Sales
    919-865-0789 opt1 | Contact Sales 

• cindy1222
    cindy1222 Registered User
    We have had both the web edition, and the stand alone.  There are things I (and my customers) love about the web edition; such as, the ability to pay online, and managing accounts.  But, there are also several functions in the stand alone that were just easier, and made more sense.  I have been on the web edition for over a year now, so it's hard to remember most of them, but I still get frustrated now and again.  Such as, if you want to credit a customer for a free month, with the stand alone when you processed a credit, Sitelink created the next months rent automatically.  With web you have to go into adjustments to create the rent, okay it, and then go back into the account to credit it.  There are a few functions like that in the web edition that double your work.  However, overall, I would still say I prefer the web edition. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads