Robots in Self-Storage?
Robotics is finding its way into every industry. Self storage included. Like all industries where this is happening, I think the best approach is to hone your human skills as much as you can. Do what robots can't do, then you probably won't be replaced by one.
What do you think? Can your site be managed by a robot like this one?
I know mine can't. It's all outdoor. Between weather (heat, rain, wind) and rough driveways, it wouldn't last a week.
Version 2.0 or 3.0 better come equipped with military-grade, desert-tested hardware!
- All Categories
- 34 What's New
- 4 Storable Payments: What's new
- 55 Lead to Lease
- 27 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 2 Software Setup
- 2 Unit Setup
- 11 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 18 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Reports
- 98 Training Videos
- 6 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 72 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 219 Regional Discussions
- 182 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 38 Industry Webinars
- 62 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 31 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 32 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 48 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 92 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 21 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 64 News
- 31 Opinion
- 149 Lifestyle