How to find competitor pricing in Sitelink? Possible?

Terriermom2021
Terriermom2021 Registered User
I thought that SL has a marketing/competitor price tool but I cannot find it....am I mistaken?

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under Company is Competitor Tracking
  • Terriermom2021
    So, if I am reading this correctly the information or legwork needs to be done by me to then plug into SL?  Very few facilities are publishing rental rates these days opting that you provide them with info and they respond back to you....makes gathering intel difficult.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You thought SL gathered and input all of the competitors in your area, in the system for you? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I am reading this correctly the information or legwork needs to be done by me to then plug into SL?  Very few facilities are publishing rental rates these days opting that you provide them with info and they respond back to you....makes gathering intel difficult.
    That is correct.  It's a tool for us to use. SL can't gather and input it for us.
  • Terriermom2021
    Well - ESS, Sparefoot and all their holdings have access to a lot of information.....not that farfetched an idea.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be awesome if they provided that service! I'm kinda glad they don't on one hand, as we do not publish our pricing. On the other hand, it would make life easier every month while I'm having to collect local rates.
  • Terriermom2021
    Do you go "undercover" or do you tell your competitors who you are?
  • ESS

I find most of them on their websites. There are only a few in my area and they are mostly big co names so they keep prices online. There's 1 family owed and I personally speak to the manager and we keep each other updated on our pricing. If you want to be undercover, maybe call each week and ask for prices for certain units and then the next week, get the pricing for the rest. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the "big" names have pricing online. The small "mom n pops"  and one offs like us us all share information with each other locally (including a running "do not rent to" list) it's good to get to know all the local managers.

The rest you just get the old fashioned way....weekly shops or calls! 

Its always a good idea to go out and shop the local competition, and yes they generally get to know you but everyone does it.
  • Terriermom2021
    Thanks to all of you for your input....it's really helpful :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads