How can i add multiple codes for vendors and codes for emergancy personal? **Winsen Sentinel**

SKUSA128
SKUSA128 Registered User
We are trying to add gate codes for vendors such as landscaping, pest control, electricians, hvac. And also trying to add emergency codes for the fire department and police departments. I haven't been able to locate in the handbook how to add multiple codes. Does anyone have any experience with this? What can i do/How to do it?
Thank you!

Answers

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @SKUSA128. These can be entered into your gate software directly and you should reach out to WinSen support if a fellow operator who uses WinSen does not chime in. Thank you, Amy C. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do this in Sitelink.  I have a unit that is a company space (golf cart, merchandise, etc.).  So that is the base account.  I add tenants for each code I need.  Then go to the company space and add them as additional users under the Access tab.

When I would only add them in Storlogix, they often were deleted when a gate update happened the next morning!
  • SKUSA128
    SKUSA128 Registered User
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I do this in Sitelink.  I have a unit that is a company space (golf cart, merchandise, etc.).  So that is the base account.  I add tenants for each code I need.  Then go to the company space and add them as additional users under the Access tab.

When I would only add them in Storlogix, they often were deleted when a gate update happened the next morning!
    Okay, I'm a little confused. Do you add them to your company unit and create a code? Were limited to what we can do under the access tab. I'm not even seeing an option to add additional users under the company unit.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    SKUSA128 said:
    Okay, I'm a little confused. Do you add them to your company unit and create a code? Were limited to what we can do under the access tab. I'm not even seeing an option to add additional users under the company unit.

• MamaDuke7
    Then again, maybe even that part is different when you're using WinSen.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, to @MamaDuke7's last comment -- each gate software has its own way of handling these. Some allow you to create "secondary users" inside SiteLink (the way MamaDuke did) while others don't have that workflow and/or some are hard-coded in the gate application.

WinSen should be able to explain their requirements and process, @SKUSA128.

• Silverbell
    Silverbell Registered User
    You go to "access control" in Sentinel. Click on "Tenants" then click on "add access only tenant" then it will add a space to go in and place code or card number, then go to the far left and click what access this person will get and then update and save. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on which version of Sentinel you are running. We are running a lite version. 
    The way we have to do it is in Winsen Sentinel, Options, Unit / Tenant Operations. we have a Unit (A0) that does not exist in Sitelink. Select the unit you want to add codes to, click the button with keys on it, enter names and passcodes for everyone you need.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads