Is anyone else having payment issues reported by tenants?

Options
Various people who tried to pay using the same cards they always do could not process the payment. I had complaints about online and phone payments through the automated service. 

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, this is ongoing since we switched from SBOA to storable payments. There are times I will have the physical card, swipe it, it's declined or marked as Invalid, I type it in, and it goes through. Issues with autopay giving false declines, Ledger settings refusing to retain a card on file, marking it as invalid but I can retype all of the info exactly the same, then it will go thru. Web payments will sometimes decline, but will process when I run them right after. I kinda just learned to deal with it and make a lot of apologizes to my customers and blame it on the software. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same here.  Glitches during online payments resulting in tenants making double payments. Also, false declines and incorrect CVV when I have just got the CVV from the customer.
    Also, glitches during online move-ins resulting in double move-ins.
    I have sent requests to tech support. Crickets...
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been having online payment issues for a long time now. Only affects a few tenants, but its frustrating.

Have several tenants that cannot make payments online using a stored card.

If you look at the account (edit autobill) you will likely see the affected tenants names duplicated in the name area.
    (Under the Name on Card -    JoshNathanJoshNathanJoshNathanJoshNathan... etc..)

At least this is the only common link with the customers having trouble paying online. If you edit the name back to just the single entry, it usually fixes things temporarily. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have one just like @teamcapitola.  So strange because I can run the payment with the card on file without changing anything at all (even leaving her name in there 5 times in a row!) and it goes right through.  Just won't work for her online.  We have swiped and resaved multiple times.  It just won't work for her online.

She has decided it's because she needs to talk to me monthly!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I have one just like @teamcapitola.  So strange because I can run the payment with the card on file without changing anything at all (even leaving her name in there 5 times in a row!) and it goes right through.  Just won't work for her online.  We have swiped and resaved multiple times.  It just won't work for her online.

She has decided it's because she needs to talk to me monthly!
    Exactly the same problem as us!

It was pretty easy to find the affected accounts based on the repeated name. Run the Credit Card Roll report in sitelink and look for the repeated name!
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had issues as well.   Sitelink also seems to be moving much slower since the swap to Storable payments.  Anyone else having this?
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been having this problem since the switch over to Storable .....complained and complained til I was told by Support that it was my tenants problem!
    I guess NOT .....maybe I'm not so crazy ...?😂🤣
    Great customer service ......! we are owed an apology for their lack of listening to our concerns ; those of us who deal with it everyday ......🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • lmcav1116
    lmcav1116 Registered User
    Options
    i feel so much better now that i see im not taking crazy pills. I have had ALL the same issue as the ones here. Yes to deal with the customers is the worst. we sound like broken records
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello everyone. We're aware of an issue where some tenants are getting an error message when attempting to pay online when using Web Template. It's a very high priority bug that our team is looking into and we are working to resolve it as soon as we can. If you are experiencing a different issue, please call our support team at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H.

• helenatim
    Options
    This is continuing to happen with nearly every tenant who tries to pay online. They get an error message, pay again, then get double charged.  Then they call me and I issue a refund. I am guessing these transactions are costing me money each time, as well as time and the hassle of explaining it each time.  Perhaps Storable could change the Error message to let the Tenant know to wait before they make another payment?  That might solve this in the short term.
  • helenatim
    Options
    This was also a problem before the switch to Storable Payments.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @helenatim, we would love to hear more about this payments issue that you are having. I will have a support team member reach out to you to help you troubleshoot and figure out what is going on. -Lyndsey H. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads