No Davinci locks

Jafwr
Jafwr Registered User
How do you secure your vacant units if you don't use Davinci locks but still want to allow online move ins after hours?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose instead of locks, you can put breakaway tags on your vacant units. We don't offer online rentals, but I've heard other managers say they use them for that purpose.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the breakaway tags as @ESS said.  They work as long as you aren't concerned about the general customer base filling up an empty space and locking it up without paying.  Or filling one up with trash when they move out because they think they can keep you from knowing who did it.

I used DaVinci here for a couple years.  Now, I rent too quickly to be bothered and I have a fantastic customer base.  So I'm back to using the tags.
  • Jafwr
    Jafwr Registered User
    MamaDuke7 said:
    You can use the breakaway tags as @ESS said.  They work as long as you aren't concerned about the general customer base filling up an empty space and locking it up without paying.  Or filling one up with trash when they move out because they think they can keep you from knowing who did it.

I used DaVinci here for a couple years.  Now, I rent too quickly to be bothered and I have a fantastic customer base.  So I'm back to using the tags.
    We used to use cheap plastic yellow locks, we recently switched to using the breakaway tags. I 'am concerned with people deciding they need another unit and just move into it as well as homeless people using them to sleep in. I have a park right next to me that unfortunately is home to many homeless people. I was hoping that there might be a less expensive solution to keeping them locked up other than Davinci locks.

Thanks for the response.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that could happen, as long as the morning property checks are being done, it will be noticed and y'all can take immediate action. The only other thing I could think of would be to use regular combo locks, maybe not on all vacant units (if you have  alot), but 1 of each size unit. Then log the combos to those units, but the tenant would still need to contact someone for their code. They could just drop it in your night drop after they take it off.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads