Help - Blocking Move-Ins

Sarah
Sarah Registered User ✭✭
Is there any way to block old troublesome tenants from moving back in? We have a do not rent list & it seems that sometimes people are not checking it to make sure the person moving in is not on the list - so they move them in then its a gong show (again).

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Is there any way to block old troublesome tenants from moving back in? We have a do not rent list & it seems that sometimes people are not checking it to make sure the person moving in is not on the list - so they move them in then its a gong show (again).

Nope! I went thru ALL of my do not rent & owes balance tenants, and put DO NOT RENT or bal owed $__ in the company line after we moved them out. When they go to do the move in, if they type their name, it will show up there. My assistant doesn't have access to moved out accounts to check, so I've done it this way.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Thanks EES - we change all their names to all capital letters but if they don't say there were a previous tenant then my staff doesn't look for them so they never see it! 
    Would love to see a box that is a mandatory field on move in that says "Previous Tenant" so it would trigger the staff to ask the question - then look them up that way! 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way I could think that would work is if SL recognizes a match with DL#. Most people that have come back owing a balance, don't admit they were a tenant here. 
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    ESS - exactly! 
    Sure would be nice it there was some way to trigger a warning for it.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    I do the same thing as ESS with leaving a note in the company Line.   I also keep a hand written (word doc) list on the desk out of view from the customer of course, to reference from.  Unfortunately if you allow online move ins, they also sneak back in that way.  NO online move in here, thank goodness.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Thank you GM_SJ_BSS - e have a google doc that our locations share so they get blocked (as much as we can) from renting with us.
    We didn't use to do online move in but once C19 showed up the owners felt it was the best way to help protect us staff a bit more. 
    I guess I will just have to remind staff to ask each person.. I might add it some how to the move in section to make sure it gets done.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads