Can anyone tell me how to turn OFF the sound or turn off the annoying chime sound???

Options
I would like to know HOW to turn OFF the sound/chime when using Sitelink.  It is so annoying that I have to MUTE my PC but then have to UNMUTE back and forth. There has to be a way to turn OFF this annoying BOINGGGG noise everytime I hit a button when using sitelink.... please help!!!

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't found a way to turn it off in the program, but you can adjust it within your computer sound settings.
  • ShellyinNOLA
    ShellyinNOLA Registered User
    Options
    Yes it just becomes a pain in the $@& to keep going back in forth as I like to listen to music or YT and have to always keep adjusting back and forth.  I would love to know how to turn it OFF in the program or at least mute it. 
    If ever you find out, please keep me in mind and TY  ;o)))
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ShellyinNOLA - SiteLink uses the default windows settings for sounds.

Here is one way to turn off system sounds that would apply to SiteLink:
    Search for sound, click advance, turn system sounds to 0.

This would affect any windows sounds with the exception of browsers and media, they have a separate setting.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    In the windows sound control panel, you can remove the sound or change it to something less obtrusive. Off the top of my head, I am not sure which entry Sitelink is using (probably default beep), but you can change anything that uses "Windows Background.wav".

This does effect all programs that use the windows sound settings.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads