2023 wrap up... More money to sitelink.. no significant changes

Options
Our software prices have gone up again... I am also now required to use your credit card processors and my credit card rates are more... The big changes this year was in March, you can now be prompted to send a move out receipt via email..... This is wild, thats the big new feature.

Where are?
Apple pay/ Android pay

A customer being able to text back and it go to the tenant notes (yes i know two companies now do this, but I shouldnt have to pay hundreds of $s per month to do this)?It should be in any software as its a technology from the early 2000s. 

Why is this not web based and myhub is practically impossible to do anything on?

Finally why do we all have to keep paying more when the only updates you do are to fix errors in the system and not make the software any better. I have been using this for 15 years and its 90% the same as the day I started.

Comments

• igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to stay with Storable, I believe StorEdge has the features you are looking for.   I gave up on the inhouse texting and the sitemap with online rentals.  StorEdge is totally cloud based. 
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    Overall I find Sitelink robust.  They just need a few important feature updates to keep up.  The fact that Sitelink is not totally cloud based may be the issue.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    There used to be monthly updates and almost always had new features and some bug fixes. Ever since storables bought them out, it went to quarterly or longer updates with only bug fixes and a new feature once in a great while.

They also own storedge which has the built in texting like you want. Storedge used to also be way way cheaper (I think they started at $50/month). Storables has made storedge just as expensive as sitelink to keep people from moving over.

We went from around $200 month with sitelink and now over $500/month plus increased credit card fees. They're going to price themselves out of the market and leave room for a new company/software to emerge.

Sitelink has been saying chip cards are coming in the next 6 months for probably 10 years now. They still use the same outdated online template from 10+ years ago too. I'm not sure what they're doing with all the money they are raking in, definitely not putting it into development of the software.....on second thought I do know, they're buying up every business they can to become a monopoly.
  • Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I’m aware that storedge offers that feature.  But it’s still the same issues with the monopoly on credit cards .. what vendors you can and can’t use and then there is the process of doing it .. it’s a nightmare switching software (only reason I’m still with sitelink ).  Why should I have to spend weeks and months moving all the data over .. learning the software … training all my managers .. calling them every time there is an issue I don’t know how to do.  When I’m asking for a basic early 2000s technology. We want storedge look .. storedge technology .. sitelink reporting and open api.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another 6% increase with zero actual improvements on the core product.  Every update seems to be for their new access software and other things we dont actually use.

How about spellcheck in tenant notes!?!?  That would actually be worth 6% !
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure all this will be "passed on to the developmental team" or they "would like to get in touch with you for suggestions" but unfortunately that never goes anywhere! They do not care about what makes our jobs easier, what makes better sense than what is currently being offered, or how we feel about it. They are going to do what they want and poo on us actual operators that are actually utilizing the product.
  • jimbo1956
    jimbo1956 Registered User
    Options
    You are preaching to the Choir-Storable is the downfall of sitelink. They don't care and the bottom line is they know its difficult to switch. I have a storable website that will not stay synced to sitelink so it displays inaccurate information- my smtp interface for email doesnt work . Its only been like this for 3 years now-but send us another email and we can send you one back that says issue resolved--  but hey we would sure like you to buy our access control or tenant insurance -no thank you -I dont need anymore of your problems
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    How about some names of other options, What other companys?
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    EQT Group a private equity firm owns controlling interest in Storable.  They invest in companies expecting to divest within ten years. Storable is one of many.  Check out their wesite www.eqtgroup.com
  • jimbo1956
    Options
    I'm well aware of why and who owns Storable. As an operator we should all be concerned. I've been down this road before with a software firm (at the time considered to be the best there was for that business line) for another business line I was in. Pump it up, bury it with debt and dump it-then it really get bad
  • aschmitt
    aschmitt Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    Options
    What the heck is going on the last week? Sitelink us running like doodoo, slower than molasses in January. Not just one site but close to 30 of the 50 sites that I work with. We have used sitelink for almost 10 and are now being told it's our computers? I'm dropping a BS card on that table.
  • jimbo1956
    Options
    One of my sites has been that way for about 4 weeks now (I was told it's a known bug). Runs so slow sometimes I get a SQL ERROR TIMEOUT-screws up my gate software because sitelink stalls out.
    My experience anymore is that it's always someone else's fault.  
  • Tori1
    Tori1 Registered User
    Options
    We have been looking into other software platforms since March.  Once we were forced to use their merchant services, we started to interview other software companies. No company should dictate how you operate your business. They should be more focused on improving the software they already offer at least then it would justify the cost, but it doesn't. This is just another way for them to make more money and leave us victims to their actions. We have been with sitelink for some time now and let me leave you all with this warning. Merchant services will not be the end of it before you know it you will be forced to use sitelink for your all your vendors...website, call center, insurance. We have found another company that is comparable and will be making the switch soon. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been a Sitelink user since 2007.  Been through desktop up to the current setup.  As a single person remotely operating three facilities, it is so valuable to me to have all this technology wrapped up in one bundle.  The fact that my management software, credit card processing, website, and gate control are all tied together is so efficient.  And I think all these systems work very well.  Not perfect, but nothing is.  The amount of time and money I save by having these tied together is easily worth the monthly payment.  
    I know everyone has different experiences with technology and many of you have far different business models than I do, but for a lone guy running 3 facilities and 1000 units it couldn't go any better.
  • FSS
    FSS Registered User
    Options
    Tori1 said:
    We have been looking into other software platforms since March.  Once we were forced to use their merchant services, we started to interview other software companies. No company should dictate how you operate your business. They should be more focused on improving the software they already offer at least then it would justify the cost, but it doesn't. This is just another way for them to make more money and leave us victims to their actions. We have been with sitelink for some time now and let me leave you all with this warning. Merchant services will not be the end of it before you know it you will be forced to use sitelink for your all your vendors...website, call center, insurance. We have found another company that is comparable and will be making the switch soon. 
    Would you mind sharing who you decided to go with? Thanks!
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    yes, what company
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would LOVE to hear of another software to check out; Tori1 is completely right; 6% a year increases, mandatory use of their payment processing, recent emails about PCI DSS (which will be their next SAS / software as a service cost I'm sure)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads