Deleting admin fee that was manually added?

Options
DDP3
DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
So I have a situation where one of my employees accidentally added a custom admin fee of $75.00, back in August of this year.

When I try to go into edit payments and charges, I am now unable to actually delete the fee. I am assuming because it was added months ago?

Is there anyway for me to get this fee removed so i can process an accurate refund? Maybe thru corporate center or myhub? I am stuck trying to figure out a way to get this $75 back to her. 

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it won't let you delete the fee, you might have to apply a credit to get rid of it.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. Yeah its not that I just need it credited. I need the actual money put back in the system for her to receive the correct refund. Essentially we took the $75.00 and even if we credit the entire fee, it does not change the amount of the refund, just saves it into the account as a waived late fee. 

Would the only solution then be to offer the difference in petty cash at this point? @ESS
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DDP3 said:
    Damn. Yeah its not that I just need it credited. I need the actual money put back in the system for her to receive the correct refund. Essentially we took the $75.00 and even if we credit the entire fee, it does not change the amount of the refund, just saves it into the account as a waived late fee. 

Would the only solution then be to offer the difference in petty cash at this point? @ESS
    Ouch, yeah. Give it to her in petty cash and make a note of it.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DDP3 - Please give our support team a call to troubleshoot this. We'd love to take a look at the account in question before suggesting a course of action as there are a few factors here. 
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    for anyone who was wondering; 

I contacted sitelink support, explained the situation, and after some investigating we were finally able to find a solution. So as it turns out, the section in the move out screen "waive ALL fees after move out" is actually a bit misleading.

Due to it being a manually added admin charge, the system does not recognize it as a "fee" therefore I had to go back into the payment screen - credit/waive the fee myself, and then proceed back into the move outs where it would finally show the correct amount to refund.

Thank you @storable_support

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads