What is your favorite CRM feature?

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you use Customer Relationship Management features, and do you have a favorite?

Comments

• HDMize
    HDMize Registered User
    I have mine set up to send out a advertisement every 30 days to past tenants
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about birthday or holiday "cards"? I bet people would like those.
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    What is the benefit of these actions?
  • Sue_C
    I think it's just one way to recognize customers and keep them happy, and customer loyalty and satisfaction can improve your bottom line.

Here's a great article on CRM benefits from CustomerThink that explains CRM benefits a little bit more:

What is CRM / Customer Relationship Management?

Or check out this blog article on sitelink.com: 

Yes...CRM Is Also For The Self-Storage Industry

• David_McCormack
    David_McCormack SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭

ThriftyStorage Posts: 87Registered User ✭✭✭
    What is the benefit of these actions?

The benefit is more rentals and/or higher margins due to increased demand.  Obviously, a birthday card in and of itself does not sell a unit, however, being the local facility at the top of a potential customers mind does.

The way I look at it for my team is; we don't know when our prospects circumstances will change, we just know they will (eventually). We strive to ensure our product/service is the one that comes to mind when that change occurs.  We continue to reach out and "be seen" to achieve this.  CRM is a way to do so that costs nearly nothing. 

Consider: Almost everyone on the planet recognizes: Nike, Coca-Cola, Ford, Apple, McDonalds, etc, yet these companies still advertise so that when it's time, they are the one that comes to mind.  

It is also worth noting that other (more direct) actions can be scheduled in CRM. We have several trigger events that can be followed up on automatically with CRM, reservations and leads are the obvious example.  Timely follow up, and market awareness sell more units. 

David McCormack

SiteLink Software | Director of Sales
    919-865-0789 opt1 | Contact Sales 

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would be a little freaked out if I got a happy birthday from my storage facility.  I realize we can gather that information from their DL; but as the customer, I would be less than thrilled my storage unit was actively USING that personal information.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • PhilR
    PhilR Registered User ✭✭
    We use a Welcome Letter that's triggered 3 days after they move in. We also post it and not email it - this way we can verify their address is correct in case we have to do any reposession work. When we post it we include a $1 scratchie card.

I also like the Credit Card Expiry CRM campaign, this is triggered 30 days prior to the credit card expiring.

Birthdays and Holidays I'm not really good with it.
    Phil Rankin
    Site Manager
    Guardian Secure Storage Tauranga
    phil@guardianstorage.co.nz

• sdgr35
    sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
    where do you get the letters to enter into CRM. Ex. if I wanted to do a Move in welcome letter with our Google page review link included. How would I set this letter up to be able to schedule it in CRM? Tia
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdgr35 said:
    where do you get the letters to enter into CRM. Ex. if I wanted to do a Move in welcome letter with our Google page review link included. How would I set this letter up to be able to schedule it in CRM? Tia
    Setup: Forms to create the letter.
    Setup: Email to create the email.
    Setup: CRM Campaign Schedule to create the timetable.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads