void a payment authority!

I took in a multiple tendered payment. I received a check for $60.00 and $69.00 on a Visa. I mistakenly left the full amount, $129.00 as all check, then also did the Visa for $69.00. The system will not let me (part time relief) OR my manager void the check payment so we can redo it as the proper amount, $60.00. What are we supposed to do????

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to contact whoever is the person at your company who is high enough level to handle reversals. If your a multi site company it's most likely an area/district manager.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as a failsafe should you not have anyone you can contact there is a method you can use which I wont tell you TO do but can do the job as I'm not sure how your company would feel about it being done for this purpose. You could process the check payment as an NSF, do NOT add late fee's/charges or increment of NSF's on the account and it would reverse the check transaction. It's what we did at my previous company as last resort should no one be available to remedy the situation before a daily close.
  • ShareC13
    ShareC13 Registered User
    Ty!  That's exactly what my boss did!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

You really should have somebody to contact for Void/reversals with your company.

I function as the area manager at our shop, and my employees simply text or call me when things like this happen...and they WILL happen! Using the NSF function is not Best Practice (but sometimes is the only way to correct things after a Daily Close)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads