Multiple employees with same initials

jessicadunning
jessicadunning Registered User
Hey guys!  Have you ran into the problem of having employees with the same initials?  If so, how did you differentiate them in SiteLink so when notes are left you know who they are from?
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest having one of your employee's use a middle initial. 
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    we used middle initials.....KSM, etc.....or Big J or Little J for 1st name initial. After that, someone has to change their name! LOL
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better.. have an employee who's initials are AA.. that was fun at first..
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire one of them...
  • Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    Orkocean that would get alittle crazy! 

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    just kidding
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    RD#1 and RD#2.
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @ThriftyStorage...Did you mean to reference Star Wars' favorite droid, R2D2?.....LOL
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I did find something interesting the other day. Employee changed name, so I went and updated her name inside Sitelink (settings -- employees).

Not only did her initials change, but every note she had ever made in Sitelink changed initials as well (from AP to CP).

So, I assume you could always change a previous/current employees name to avoid duplicate initials.

• OutboxChar
    OutboxChar Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    RD#1 and RD#2.
    I would be real hesitant to do that.  With many databases, marks like the number signs are used as special characters within the database.  Yes, you can program to use them within data fields but have a programmer miss it just one place and things get royally messed up.
  • khemnis
    khemnis Registered User ✭✭✭
    It would be a good addition for SiteLink to add a cell in the User section under Employee Setup so that the administrator could choose the initials being used.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads