Hallway Lighting

LSAirport
LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
edited March 2018 in Miscellaneous Discussions
Which is the most preferred or complimentary lighting for climate controlled hallway lighting!
Temperature / Source
2400 K / Standard incandescent lamps
2700 K / "Soft white" compact fluorescent and LED lamps
3000 K / Warm white compact fluorescent and LED lamps
5000 K / Horizon daylight
6500 K / Daylight, overcast

Please explain your choices.....  Would love your input.

Have started replacing mine with 6500k.  Very bright, I think a very "clean" look. A little harsh but have had positive responses from tenants.
Makes the 2400k or 3000k fixtures look dungeon like! Even a few 5000k's I have a yellow" look "!

Thanks!

If someone knows how or if we can request polling questions. please advise.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really have a preferred, just the brighter the better. Biggest annoyance I get is lights that aren't all the same. My old boss used to call it zebra lighting where you can look down a row of lights and see different colors because of the same bulbs not being used in every fixture. Amazes me how many times I've encountered that at properties when taking them over.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LSAirport, if you click on the arrow next to New Discussion and choose New Poll instead you should be able to start a poll. Happy Polling!
  • LSAirport
    LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Your right!  I've heard of zebra stripping when power washing a driveway but had never heard of the term for lighting, same effect. :( My zebra effect is due to cost constraints over replacing "good" working bulbs too early.  Have installed the new 65k's in all of the continuous (always on) on fixtures and started from the doorways in down the hall alternating to get the brighter lights spread out.  I've also started labeling right on the bulbs the k rating and replacement date for tracking life duration. The "model" number most of the time doesn't indicate the k rating.   :)    
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old company hated the zebra look so much they would replace them no matter. I remember at one property I had rolling scaffolding loaded down with boxes of lights as I would *skate* down the aisles using my hands on the walls to propel the scaffolding and ended up trashing over 180 "good" lights just to get the same color for them.
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
     :o 
  • LSAirport
    Orkocean!! Thanks! Got approval to replace all the bulbs, Looks Great!!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads