MARCH 2018 POLL: Where is demand for self-storage headed in the next 1-2 years in the USA?

Options
Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
You hear the stories and get the benefit of everyday interaction with customers. Do you think people will be using self-storage more and more in the coming years? Has demand peaked? Or maybe it looks like it's going down. Vote! Then feel free to add your thoughts in the comments.

MARCH 2018 POLL: Where is demand for self-storage headed in the next 1-2 years in the USA? 41 votes

It's going to stay pretty much the same as last year
34% 14 votes
I think demand for self-storage will slow down
14% 6 votes
Demand will increase in the coming years
36% 15 votes
I have no idea what's going to happen
14% 6 votes

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it will continue to grow. I still regularly get customers who have never used it before so there is a good amount of customers left to be obtained. It's not like a mobile phone market where everyone has one and it's all about the few main providers fighting each other to steal customers back and forth. I think some huge market areas may get over saturated with facilities so they will end up actually having to lower prices in the long run as it will be like a gas price war between 2 gas stations on opposite sides of a street though. 
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it may slack off. Most people I have rented to are downsizing their lives. Putting items in storage and letting kids take what they want and giving remainder to Goodwill..Millennials have expressed avoidance of keeping alot of items around or in storage units...seemingly preferring a more streamlined living environment.  I might have to agree with the young ones...LOL...I have been doing some of that myself lately.
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    If you base it on the number of new storage companies popping up, it will continue to grow. I think more businesses are beginning to see the benefit of storage so more and more upscale building are coming to towns and areas never tapped before. We see an increase in people downsizing here in Atlanta, but they want to keep their stuff. That keeps us in business! 
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone for voting in the March poll! I can't believe the month is over already - went by fast!
    So it's time to close the poll :)

Thanks also to everyone who added to the conversation about the self-storage industry, great comments!

Stay tuned for our April poll...
This discussion has been closed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads