APRIL 2018 POLL: How often do you review/raise your tenant rates?

Options
Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Miscellaneous Discussions
How often do you review/raise your tenant rates?

APRIL 2018 POLL: How often do you review/raise your tenant rates? 25 votes

Monthly
4% 1 vote
Every 3 months
0% 0 votes
Every 6 months
8% 2 votes
Every 9 months
8% 2 votes
Once a year
68% 17 votes
Never
12% 3 votes

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chose 9 months but honestly it varies based on demand/fullness. It could be anywhere from 6 months to 1 year for us.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually once per year for existing customers..now street rates.... as often as necessary
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just received a nasty letter from a tenant who has been renting from me for 12 years and paying the same rent all that time.  She was upset that I raised her rent by $5.  Really?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    12 years and you raised her $5?!?!? You animal!!! lol.. $5 increases were typically only for 5x5's or people who were currently already paying more than the standard rent someone new would pay just to keep them in the habit of receiving regular increases. If I had someone who I saw without an increase in 12 years if they were under the normal price i'd raise them to the current price or a $50 max if they were drastically under it then hit them again in another 6 months. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was pretty tempted to say to her, "If you believe I have treated you unfairly, by all means, do what is best for you and feel free to move out."  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who voted in our April Poll regarding raising rates. Looks like Once a Year is the overwhelming favorite!

Stay tuned for our May Poll to be posted soon!
This discussion has been closed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads