Gate Lock Out Threshold set at $10

JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
Tenant has 4 units. Total $395.00 per month.  Had previously vacated another unit and had a credit applied to his account.  Guessed when he wrote check.  So basically for March he ended up with one unit with a $10.00 balance and another unit with a 71 cent credit.  Total past due on all units $9.29.  At some point he was locked out at the gate for being delinquent.  I am not sure when this occurred and not sure how to find out.  Gate Access is Sentinel Remote Site. He tried to get in on Sunday April 1 and couldn't.  Did it lock him out because April rent went on? 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    if you go to company-setup-gate setup, it will show your settings currently applied... our minimum balance before lockout is $0

we also use mode 1 (if one or more units are past due, the gate is locked for all units) 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as what day you lock folks out of the gate is in your general setup as well
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - you can set up your own threshold for locking out in the gate settings.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Why did it lock him out on April 1 for a March balance of $9.29? 
  • skinman
    it depends on your settings julie.... I'm set up here for any balance due... even a penny...locks them out of the gate on the 2nd... If that tenant had a $9.29 balance in March... on the 2nd of March his gate code would be locked out until he had a balance of $0
  • skinman
    edited April 2018
    Now if you're saying you set a gate lock out threshold of $10.... then yes, on the 1st when rent was assessed that's why he got locked out. I didn't even realize to set a dollar threshold for lockout. I lock out if ANY balance is due.

plus it depends on if you treat multiple unit customers as one account or each unit individually in setup
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    JulieAton said:
    Why did it lock him out on April 1 for a March balance of $9.29? 

Sitelike looks at EACH UNIT for lock out NOT the Customers Account total. There for the unit with the $10.00 Balance would set the lock out .
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Don't know if this helps at all...

We use PTI / Storlogix as our GATE software, and I only bring it up because we have had tenants locked out/access suspended for rent amounts like yours... even when Sitelink was set to a much higher lockout threshold, and the tenant wasn't overlocked or suspended.

Ours is set at $45 to allow merch (like boxes) to be "added to account" as a courtesy to tenants without worrying about a small balance affecting the account. 

IF you use PTI as your GATE software -- It's only happened a few times, but at a certain point "past due" PTI suspends access regardless. Nobody can explain why it happens (nobody yet anyhow) and the only solution we found was to check the "never lock out at gate" box in Sitelink's ledger settings for the affected tenant.

I have a help desk ticket outstanding with PTI, as there doesn't seem to be a setting for it anywhere (that I have found).

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to add.

Sitelink GATE settings for Lockout can be changed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads