Offline Payment

JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
Tenant called to pay over phone on card.  She is paying an extra $20 per month on damages.  When my assistant applied the payment of $125.00 it was applied all to damages and not rent.  I deleted the payment and am trying to re enter as offline payment so my figures will be correct.  I have the authorization number but not the card number.  Any way around this? 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just go into edit charges and payments on their payment screen and  make an administrative adjustment (credit) to her rent amount and reassess the damage charges to the account so she is correct. Then tell your manager next month to post the payment correctly :)  LOL
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you voided the receipt?
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Provided your accountant is notified, you can do a manual auth. transaction in Sitelink to avoid a "double charge" to the customer.

Check to see if the card was refunded when you voided the sale first! if you simply deleted the payment then it shouldn't have.

Redo the transaction entering the last 4 digits of the card (doesn't actually matter what you type in, but if you have it..), put any date as the exp. , manually enter the authorization number, then process.

Sitelink will not charge the card but will process the transaction using the auth. number you already have entered.

Your accounting will be able to link the transaction using the auth. number and the charge amount (provided you told them to look for it) when they reconcile the close.

You can do this without notifying your accountant, but they can get very grumpy whenever anything unexpected happens.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads