A little humour on renting storage

Roberta_Gordica
Roberta_Gordica Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭

Today I rented out a 8x12 to a customer whose daughter is coming home from college.  Dad was going to pick her up on the weekend, but the boyfriend decided he would bring her and belongings home today.  Dad rented the storage unit and was very pleased.

Within minutes of dad leaving a new customer comes in. 

She is wanting to rent a storage unit for her daughter who is coming home from college.  She says the plan was to pick her up on the weekend, but a friend decided to bring her home.

I said "Wow! That seems to be the trend.  I just rented a storage unit to a father whose daughter's boyfriend is bringing her home tonight instead of waiting for the weekend."

She says "Was his name...?" and I replied "Yes" 

She goes "That's my husband - he usually doesn't run the errands"

Now she doesn't rent the storage unit as the husband did it already.  I did not reveal the storage locker location, as I have many customers that are split up.

It was just funny that both mom and dad come in to rent a storage unit separately. :D

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Would've been funnier if you had rented her the unit and waited to see how long it took them to figure it out... LOL

kidding
  • Roberta_Gordica
    Roberta_Gordica Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
      :D That would have been really funny LOL - having 2 units for the daughter.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to read this over twice; at first I thought the same boyfriend was moving in two different girls.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    See old sales saying, never sell past the sale.  If you would have said nothing, you woild have had 2 rentals :)
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 rentals, but then once it was realized by the customers you know they would of asked for a refund of one of them. I don't think any operator would stick to their guns and enforce both leases in that situation, it isn't worth the bad customer service/word of mouth it could bring up.
  • Johnnie_Ramirez
    Johnnie_Ramirez Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    A sale is a sale, no refunds...nobody's fault that married couples don't communicate, just saying!
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads