Deleting Rent charged after move out

Example:
We have tenants who have moved out on Saturday (we are closed Sat & Sun) and bring in the key Monday.  We perform the move out on Monday, but SiteLink  charged rent on their Sunday due date.  How can I take off that rent charged, since they actually moved out Saturday, but we are performing the move out on Monday when we are back in the office?  
So far, we find that we can only issue a Credit, SiteLink won't let us Delete the charge and we don't want to issue a "credit", as the charge should not be on there in the first place if they moved out prior.....

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

One method to deal with this...or how we deal with this (which means there is likely other ways) It will depend on your accounting, and how they want to see things.

You will not be able to delete the posted charge, so here's one way to deal with it.

On the move-out screen click on the "prorate rent and recurring charges".

Then, when prompted by Sitelink, go ahead and write off those small remaining charges as bad debt.

*There is a security setting in SiteLink which will allow backdating move outs and insurance cancellations, however I was always told never to enable that because of potential abuse/ loss prevention issues.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

One method to deal with this...or how we deal with this (which means there is likely other ways) It will depend on your accounting, and how they want to see things.

You will not be able to delete the posted charge, so here's one way to deal with it.

On the move-out screen click on the "prorate rent and recurring charges".

Then, when prompted by Sitelink, go ahead and write off those small remaining charges as bad debt.

*There is a security setting in SiteLink which will allow backdating move outs and insurance cancellations, however I was always told never to enable that because of potential abuse/ loss prevention issues.

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Depending on your settings, you can back date the move out as well.. Just go to move out and change the ending date for charges.

Added: reading is apparently not my forte as @teamcapitola already covered that! Good lord I must need more coffee

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads