auto pay pending 3x in tenants account??

I had multiple people call I've heard of 2 before with disabled avs but its showing in their accounts 3 times.. how can I avoid this and why is this happening?
Tagged:

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to understand the full question. Is it showing it's ran 3x in sitelink or showing 3x on their bank account? If it's in sitelink it would mean someone ran it multiple times. We had this happen at a store once with 2 computers where the manager and asst manager weren't communicating properly even though they're sitting side by side and both ran autopays without letting the other person know. Now THAT was a headache to fix.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I have also seen this in offices running more than one computer with a Sitelink install.

There is a lag between machines updating, so transactions wont show on another computer right away.

Just like @OrkoceanI've seen somebody run all the auto bill Credit Cards one machine, then another employee does the same thing on the 2nd machine minutes later resulting in double charges (or running Invoices which double up on rent!). We have learned to embrace the "Refresh Data" button under Tools and to limit the reminders activities to one machine!

I've been told that Sitelink is meant to "only be run on a single machine". Getting employees used to doing data refreshes (when returning to a system) solves a lot of potential problems.

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest way to prevent issues if that is the case is COMMUNICATION. If you have 2+ people working an office together and they are not communicating on who's doing what or what has/hasn't been done for the day so things can be efficient then that's the true problem that needs to be fixed.
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    I had multiple people call I've heard of 2 before with disabled avs but its showing in their accounts 3 times.. how can I avoid this and why is this happening?

Most of the time when this happens and it shows on the customers bank account it has something to do with the properties Credit card processing company, generally it will only truly take 1 payment and the others will clear off of the pending transactions with in a day or 2.. If it dose take the money more then once contact the Credit card processing company and have them refund the money to the customer along with any fees the customer may have received if the account went in to the red..  
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭

I have also seen this in offices running more than one computer with a Sitelink install.

There is a lag between machines updating, so transactions wont show on another computer right away.

Just like @OrkoceanI've seen somebody run all the auto bill Credit Cards one machine, then another employee does the same thing on the 2nd machine minutes later resulting in double charges (or running Invoices which double up on rent!). We have learned to embrace the "Refresh Data" button under Tools and to limit the reminders activities to one machine!

I've been told that Sitelink is meant to "only be run on a single machine". Getting employees used to doing data refreshes (when returning to a system) solves a lot of potential problems.

You can also set the  automatic data refresh to a shorter time IE . from 10 min to 5.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads