Gate Lock out didn't update

JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
I noticed a tenant on site yesterday that hasn't paid for May.  He should have been locked out at gate.  Gate lock out occurs the 11th.  A little research and I learned the lock outs didn't occur at either of my facilities.  I use Win Sen Sentinel Gate Access software. 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you done a access>update all tenants? If you havn't been reopening sitelink and doing a start of day gate update then sometimes nothing will get updated till you force it to.
  • JulieA
    99% of the time it does it automatically right after midnight.  We do not do start of day.  Our communications are constant. 
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    We use PTI/Storlogix ; everyday I have to restart the computer(as leave on all night) for the gate to update. Speaking of gate issues....can I ask for some advice from the folks on here as to their experience with PTI/Storlogix or the current one you are using? Looking to change my gate access provider and would very much like some feedback!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used numerous over my years and PTI/storlogix is the best IMO and the one we typically switch sites to when taking them over.

You say you have to restart your computer everyday for it to update? Have you tried forcing the update via access>update all tenants? Also make sure your gate settings are enabled to update for remote transactions so if someone pays or rents online.

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

@JulieA - Please forgive the question!.... You are processing the Overlocks in Sitelink reminders first, correct? 

We use PTI ver. 4.1.  

Aside from some strange "quirks" it has performed very well for us over the last 8 years. I would say 99% of the time it updates fine on its own (from Sitelink). the only times it hasn't updated turned out to be network issues on our end and not PTIs fault. Whenever it does happen (and not network related), pushing a GATE update like @Orkocean just posted usually solves the problem.

The only thing I find annoying with PTI is when we clear alarms & it prompts for a reason; I cannot figure out where those comments actually go! None of the reports will show why the alarm was cleared (what we typed).

we're actually going to  update to ver. 5 soon to try out Easycode. If it functions like we hope, I can see offering the app to tenants for a nominal fee (or free depending), a lot of my customers have expressed interest in being able to monitor their units alarm/access remotely.

• JulieA
    The gate lock outs automatically process in SiteLink on the 11th of each month.  They are set up in the Past Due Schedule in General Set Up.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @JulieA, we are having the same issue. Seems like PTI and Site link are not communicating on denying access to lock outs. I contacted PTI, they ran an update, (did not help)  but noticed we haven't paid/applied the new version, which i'm assuming is the problem. :(
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Does restarting PTI (or rebooting CPU) solve the problem?

Forcing the "handshake" between programs.

Sitelink feeds to PTI, however I have had times where minor networking issues prevent the Sitelink generated file from going where its supposed to.

• websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @teamcapitol, I have to log out of Site Link, and upon logging back in I have to "perform gate update" which then edits all tenants and it throws current events out of the page range. If I don't do this daily, i'm not sure if they communicate.
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    We had that issue too. Found that for some reason in the Setup Section, Gate. It was no longer selected to update. Set it back up and working like normal.
  • JulieA
    Ron that might be it.  I will check the settings in both facilities.  Didn't lock out today.  I am guessing it was changed during an update. 
  • pam
    pam Registered User
    I am also having issues with PTI. My customers have gate access but my climate control keeps getting booted out. I have to double check their access almost on a daily bases. I give them 24 hour access but for some reason it just reverts back to just gate access... Any ideas
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use Sentinel as well. If you are still having issues, check the Sitelink Gate Setup for the check box "update the gate for remote transactions" on the computer running Sentinel. We have to have it set on ours, but only one of our computers can run Sentinel. This may or may not apply if you have network licenses for Sentinel. The midnight update doesn't catch our lock-outs for some reason and we have always needed to do the daily update. It may have to do with when we process our morning reports, etc. 

Also, I find it works more smoothly if I run the daily update from the gate setup or access screens instead of the Sitelink log-in. If I do it from the log-in and don't click the continue after it is done updating, Sitelink will miss any gate updates until I do click Continue.
  • teamcapitola

@Pam -- Do you have separate access levels (Time Zones) for your tenants setup in Sitelink?

(They also have to match the ones in PTI)

Sitelink "feeds" PTI, so if the access levels conflict or you are setting 24 hour access just in PTI, Sitelink will overwrite those PTI settings for tenants.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads