JUNE 2018 POLL: Which security feature would you most want to add to your store?

Options
Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Miscellaneous Discussions
What's at the top of your list for adding security features (or improving what you already have) in the next year or so?

JUNE 2018 POLL: Which security feature would you most want to add to your store? 31 votes

New or improved video cameras (i.e. night-vision)
22% 7 votes
Video monitoring or real-time surveillance
6% 2 votes
Better lighting
3% 1 vote
New perimeter fence
6% 2 votes
New entrance gate(s)
6% 2 votes
"Smart" technology (i.e. smart unit locks, voice-controlled devices, etc.)
32% 10 votes
A large, scary guard dog
6% 2 votes
Other - please add as a comment
16% 5 votes

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got pretty much everything already since it's new construction. Not really an issue now since it's never more than a handful but I've had sites in the past that delinquency were major issues and I always wanted the smart locks so I could do 100+ overlocks with a click of a button :) 
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    New Video Cameras, New Fence, New Windows in the main Office, New Entrance & Exit Gate, Windows on the Second Floor...The list goes on! 30+ year old Facility...
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have top-notch security now; all that is missing is a new Beretta.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want my buildings painted. I've been pushing for it for about 5 years now, and it looks like it is going to finally happen maybe this year. LOL! I manage the oldest facility in northern Nevada, and we kinda look like it lol.
  • storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want my buildings painted. I've been pushing for it for about 5 years now, and it looks like it is going to finally happen maybe this year. LOL! I manage the oldest facility in northern Nevada, and we kinda look like it lol.
    I totally didn't read "security feature". My comment was definitely more cosmetic. LOL
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not at all @storallgsa... The more run down you let a facility become or look, the more problems IMO... One of our locations is 42 years old... but you wouldn't think it by looking at it.
  • storallgsa
    Options
    skinman said:
    Not at all @storallgsa... The more run down you let a facility become or look, the more problems IMO... One of our locations is 42 years old... but you wouldn't think it by looking at it.
    You are absolutely right; I hadn't even thought of that. We opened in 1971 and I am pretty sure the paint on the buildings is original lol. We don't really look that "run down", just a bit old. But when the paint is as old as it is, there's only so much upkeep you can do . It always kinda just looks "old". 

We have 5 facilities in the company (family-owned and operated), and sometimes I feel like the "step child" facility because the other facilities constantly get new things or upgrades, etc. I JUST got cameras 2 years ago, and I still only got 4 of them LOL. Thankfully, the crime rate is incredibly low where I am at, and in over 5 years of being here I've never had a burglary or really anything criminal happen ***knock on wood***. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@storallgsa it may be the "don't fix what isn't broke" issue.. I've had stores under me that the staff and myself felt needed TONS of work, but at the same time it was one of the highest year over year increase stories we had so the owners didn't see the point in putting more money into it if they were happy with what it was doing already. They actually just let it roll that way until Extra space got interested and bought it last year.

• storallgsa
    Options
    @Orkocean wow! Yeah, I'm sure it is probably something like that. :/
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who voted in our JUNE poll and added comments about their security wish list features. Security is always a hot topic! A total of 31 people weighed in with a vote.

We are closing the poll today -- lots of items to wrap up this week before the holiday next week! Stay tuned for July's poll, posting soon.
This discussion has been closed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads