Rentable vs Un-Rentable units

GinaVal
GinaVal Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
I have 4 units in our Climate controlled buildings that only house our HVAC units. Should these units be counted towards our rentable space in SiteLink, or should I move them out and mark them as un-rentable? Thoughts? In addtion, SL has a limitation of 500 units we can use. If I can mark the HVAC units as un-rentable, will this open up more spaces I can assign a unit number to?

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marking them us unrentable will not open up more spaces to my knowledge. You would have to delete them as units from the system and add shapes labeled as HVAC on the map to put in their place. Then those 4 units would not infringe on your total unit count.
  • OutboxChar
    OutboxChar Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    If you mark them as unrentable, don't they still show up in sq footage?
  • GinaVal
    I am going to go into the demo environment and try both. Will let you know what the outcome is.
  • khise
    khise Registered User ✭✭✭
    I agree with Skinman. Also, if those units are not marked as HVAC, they will skew your occupancy rate. 
  • GinaVal
    I have finally had an opportunity top figure this out. Marking it as un-rentable does not take it from your unit count and still counts toward your sq. footage and occ. rate. You have to take them completely out of the system.
    Only issue is I use these units to put my access codes on for Fire, lawn, pest, etc vendors as well as mine and the and the owners access numbers.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have a regular shop unit as well? Or perhaps box storage? I put all of our codes like that under our shop unit. I thought that was the case, glad you confirmed it.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you not just enter those codes into your gate software directly? I usually put my codes and any other special codes in the gate software itself.
  • skinman
    You can...and we did for sometime...but decided it was a better idea to have all codes running through sitelink
  • GinaVal
    I have never tried the code on the gate software. Not as easy to query though.
    All our items are stored in the office garage or storage rooms. Looks like i have more research on what will be the best for our facility. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any company units or employee units in the sitelink software? You can go to access tab and add additional codes for that one unit
  • billheyden
    billheyden Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    Depends if you want them included in your square footage. The investor likes that. Managers do not! I have about 7 units I cannot rent. They company wont allow me to take them out. Leaves my rentable square footage not a true number. Also takes away the total number of units not rented higher then it should be.
  • GinaVal
    Orkocean said:
    Do you have any company units or employee units in the sitelink software? You can go to access tab and add additional codes for that one unit
    We don't really have a company unit because we have a garage and storage in the office. Just the HVAC units. I am thinking of removing the HVAC units(50 sq ft) and creating more parking spaces at least 200 sq ft and $100-200 extra every month.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    On my map the office is yellow and labeled Office1.  I have no idea how I did it!  I would like to do that with some of our company used spaces. 
  • Orkocean
    You can add "shapes' and make them whatever size/label/color you need to @JulieA

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads