newbie needing advice on rope or pull-downs

brownrooster
brownrooster Registered User ✭✭✭
I am new to this industry an have taken on management at a distressed property.  Loving the work, every day finds new challenges but I am making a difference.

I as I am going through making small improvements, daily, I have noticed that many of the units are missing pull downs/ropes on the roll-up doors.  Many others are worn/frayed.  I want to replace them as economically and quickly as possible.

I am looking for veteran suggestions on best way to do this and best material to use.

Thanks, y'all.

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Depending on the style of door/age of the facility, you can either make straps or try someone like Chateau Products or another industry provider. Something like that they will usually have a replacement that will work you can buy in bulk on the cheap.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    In bulk and quick/cheapest would be just go by a spool of whatever color rope you want from a home depot type store and cut them to desired lengths and put them on the units. Otherwise you can purchase straps for units specifically from a supplier as skinman pointed out. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with @Orkocean - buy the thick rope.  Knot on top, knot on the bottom, shazam!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • brownrooster
    brownrooster Registered User ✭✭✭
    thanks, y'all!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads