Retrieving Credit Card number

Options
Irene_Pace
Irene_Pace Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, myHub Certified
We had a tenant that moved out and was on auto-pay, however when he told us he was moving out we took out his credit card information so that we wouldn't charge him in error for new month. Is there a way to retrieve that credit card information?

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Once you delete it, I believe it is dust in the wind... The only thing you will be able to view is the type of card it was and the last 4 digits on his receipts or in his notes.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never delete the card if on auto pay... once you move someone out, they are automatically removed from your auto pay list.
  • skinman
    Options
    With that being said, we actually have our tenants sign an authorization form when signing up for auto pay, so they  have that sheet in their file with the cc information as well.
  • skinman
    Options
    Someone should call Guinness Book for most consecutive responses to a thread.. :) 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @skinman i'll interupt your streak then... But you mentioned having the sheet in their file with the CC information. Do you not black out all but the last 4? Every company i've been with that has been policy as i've always been told to be in compliance with whatever the security protocol is called for that type of information. Having a morning brain fart and can't remember the name of it lol
  • skinman
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Orkocean I'm going to have to speak to Corporate on that to see if it is something we need to change, and do so. We currently do not, but you raise a valid point for sure.

• Irene_Pace
    Options
    @skinman;@Orkocean - Thank you both, that's pretty much what I thought, but was somehow hoping for a different answer. We have them sign the authorization form as well, but we only include the last four digits on the actual form.
  • skinman
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well I kept meaning to come back to this and forgot... I'm simply confusing myself... Our authorization form doesn't include the full CC number, only type of card, expiration date and their name exactly as it appears on the front of the card. Plus unit number and amount to be charged, etc.

We offer ACH at all of our facilities... so the Bank account and routing numbers are placed on the forms if they choose ACH as an option with a voided check attached.

• Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Why do need to get it back? Did he not move out? Just curious. 
  • Irene_Pace
    Options
    Yes, tenant moved out and left quite a bit of lawn equipment in his unit, and we wanted to charge the clean up fee
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he left items in the unit then it shouldn't of been moved out, it should go through the lien process. You posted this on the 16th, if that's when you did the move out typically sitelink has 5 days to reverse a move out. I would reverse it to put him back in the unit.
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    You would do a move out if they returned their keys or let you know that they were finished with the unit, even if they left stuff. Lien process only if they moved out without notice and left stuff.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Our rental agreement states the agreement is only terminated if lock removed for 24 hours and space is empty.  Technically if they have items in the storage space they are still obligated to pay.  Also if a tenant is on auto pay when you schedule a move out there is a box to check that disables auto pay but it retains card info.  You can also do this in Ledger Settings by selecting None  in Auto Bill.  The card number is saved.
  • Irene_Pace
    Options
    Thank you all, for all the good comments and suggestions. Owners decided it was not worth it to go through Lien Process, we wouldn't be able to recover cost of rent and fees building up in meantime and not worth enough for Auction.
  • Orkocean
    Options
    But the question is, is it worth being sued over? Every state has different regulations and all but if you did not follow the procedure for your state you could be opening yourself up to that happening. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a lady who left an entertainment system in her unit. Even though she has verbally said she does not want the stuff we need her to come sign off on the unit. We waited for weeks and finally just put it through the lien process. 
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We make them sign off as well.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads