Tenant Moved Out of Unit by mistake

Options
JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
Any suggestions?  Tenant has two units.  A move out was done on one unit by mistake.  Refund applied to the other unit.  I can't "undo move out" because the refund was applied to the other unit.  I have contacted support.  I wish there was more flexibility to correct mistakes.  They happen.  My only option according to support is to Move Tenant back in and adjust the amounts.  This messes up length of stay figures etc. 

Comments

• BlacksburgSS
    BlacksburgSS Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    JulieA, 

The account has to be moved back in unfortunately. Though I assume that if you move the account back in, keeping in mind that you set the lease date to what it was originally or just by syncing them back. You should be able to then go to adjustments, ledger adjustments, click on the account that the refund was applied to, and click transfer payment and transfer the refund payment back to the account that you just moved in. That should balance everything back out. 
  • JulieA
    Options
    I went to Company-Setup-Units & Tenants-Put Tenants in Units.  I have made it to transfer the payment. But when I press OK It says Missing Entry. You must allow at least one payment method.  The amount is prefilled and grayed out.  Method is grayed out and the Memo shows "Transferred payment".  NOW WHAT?   It really shouldn't be this complicated.
  • TheGina
    TheGina Registered User
    Options
    I had this same problem recently and agree that some more flexibility in the system to correct little issues like this would be very helpful. 
  • wsss
    wsss Registered User
    Options
    If you go into "modify unit" you can just flip flop the unit numbers
  • JulieA
    Options
    wsss said:
    If you go into "modify unit" you can just flip flop the unit numbers

Not sure I understand this. 

• JulieA
    Options
    JulieA said:
    I went to Company-Setup-Units & Tenants-Put Tenants in Units.  I have made it to transfer the payment. But when I press OK It says Missing Entry. You must allow at least one payment method.  The amount is prefilled and grayed out.  Method is grayed out and the Memo shows "Transferred payment".  NOW WHAT?   It really shouldn't be this complicated.
    I emailed support about this issue twice with no response.  I had to wait for the tenant to pay September. Enter payment and make a small adjustment. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads