eSign Contract questions

Options
Amy
Amy Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
I am wondering if there is a way to have the customer sign the eSign contract before moving them into the storage unit. We are coming across problems such as moving them into the unit and them not ever signing the contract or getting it back to us. Would like to know if there is another option we have that will force them to sign the contract first?

Comments

• Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Best practice is no signed lease no move in.  That's our rule. 
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Great question. I've had this issue as well. As far as I can tell there's no way of doing an eSign without moving them in. What I started doing is just not take a payment until the customer has signed the lease. I just make the customer pay the Admin Fee if they didn't pay to reserve the unit. You can either call them once the lease is signed or email them an invoice. I prefer to call, that way I can go over some important information. Also, I think calling is just more personable and we like to treat our customers like family.

My understanding is that if they are making payments it is till considered legally binding even without a signed lease.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads