Can't find a VIN number for vehicles in units

I'm new to the business and going through my first ever foreclosure process. In a few of our units we have found motorcycles and ATVs that were not disclosed to us by the owners (so we have no info on them). We also have no license plates or distinguishable VIN numbers so we can't send a VTR-275 to the DMV. I'm not sure what to do at this point and would love some feedback from this great community. Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓

We had one of those "freeway" scooters found in an auction unit without a VIN plate or license plate. We called our local PD and they had somebody come by to look at it; I guess they can run chassis #'s or other markings etc.

Anyway they gave us the "all clear" that the scooter wasn't stolen and had a clear title (although it hadn't been registered in 5-6 years).

Answers

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads