SiteLink Adds Out-of-the-Box Online Rental Options to Web Template & SiteLinkStore [Press Release]

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in News

Easy, no-cost setup with simple Move-In button

SiteLink, the global leader in cloud-based software and payment processing for self-storage operations of all sizes, is excited to announce new, free online move-in features for Web Edition customers.

Highlights

• The popular SiteLink Web Template now includes online rentals
  • Operators without a website can offer online payments, reservations and rentals to tenants on their own SiteLinkStore.com free website
  • New feature makes it easier and available to all customers without extra cost or the need for third-party integrations

Online rentals for everyone

Until now, only the SiteLink API allowed owners and web designers to offer online rentals to tenants. Now, all of SiteLink’s web platforms provide a start-to-finish online shopping experience by simply enabling a Move-In button. This includes SiteLinkStore, the free eCommerce website for operators who do not have their own website, and SiteLink’s popular Web Template letting owners add online rentals to payments and reservation options on their own website.

With the new Move-In button, tenants follow simple, step-by-step prompts to rent a unit, choose tenant insurance, make a payment and sign an electronic lease. All completed rentals are synced with SiteLink in real-time and available inventory updated instantly on the store’s website. Tenants conveniently sign documents online via SiteLink eSign™, SiteLink’s free service for capturing electronic signatures on leases, letters and forms.

Benefits of online rentals

Operators of all sizes can now reap the same benefits many large operators have enjoyed for years. Online rentals offer anytime, anywhere convenience for shoppers and tenants, plus saves time for managers and boosts profits for operators. New tenants can even set themselves up on autopay during the online move-in process. Offering an all-online move-in process allows managers and owners to spend more time on other business activities.

“This is a great solution for many of our customers, especially those who do not have a website,” said Markus Hecker, SiteLink’s Chief Client Advocate. “The web tools are easy to add and included with your subscription.”

Helping more owners automate their business

Online rentals are not new to SiteLink – this new feature simply makes it easier and available to all customers without extra cost or the need for third-party integrations. The free SiteLinkStore website and the SiteLink Web Template (both included with Web Edition at no charge) let operators add online rentals from within SiteLink without special technical experience.

Custom websites and online move-in workflows have been available in SiteLink for years via API integrations or through one of SiteLink's Marketplace technology partners, which remain great choices for customizing websites and digital marketing efforts. In addition, SiteLink is integrating and expanding tie-ins with storEDGE website products using the SiteLink API.

SiteLink is committed to offering more convenience, choice and features to automate your business and increase rentals. Owners can choose to enable the new feature or not at any time, depending on their business rules and workflows.

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we able to offer on-line rentals WITHOUT the option of a reservations tab?  Or is it all or nothing?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @i43storage, with this new feature you can have just Reservations ....or both Reservations and Rentals. Would that work for you?

If you wanted just online Rentals, your best bet is the SiteLink API––call customer support if you'd like to learn more about API integrations. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sue_Community  Thank you.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    Hi @i43storage, with this new feature you can have just Reservations ....or both Reservations and Rentals. Would that work for you?

If you wanted just online Rentals, your best bet is the SiteLink API––call customer support if you'd like to learn more about API integrations. 

Looks like that is easier said than done.  Reply from Sitelink API:

"The free Web Template will now allow for reservations as well as move ins, but in order to allow online move in's only, you would need to hire a web developer to integrate with our API.  This requires extensive knowledge of SOAP XML webservices and website security as your site would need to be build from scratch.  We do have integrators that can currently do this if you do not have a web developer in mind.  They can be found on our partners page here.  Please let me know if you have any questions."

Disappointing that the two cannot be separated.  Seems like an easy fix to simply separate the two. 

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any clarification on this. I want to add On Line Rentals. 

• Sue_C
    Hi @JulieA, I can help you a little bit on this...do you have your own website or do you use the SiteLinkStore free website?
  • Sue_C
    Also, for more info on how to set up this feature, check out our training video on Online Move Ins.
  • JulieA
    We have our own website.
  • Sue_C
    Great! Since you already have your own website, the SiteLink Web Template is the way to go. Enable online move ins in Corporate Control (Web Template Setup > Web Template eCommerce Gateway > Online Move-Ins). You will need to be using eSign and there are other requirements, you'll see those when you enable the process. Enabling the checkboxes doesn't change your own website, it works as a redirect from your website to the Web Template. Your best bet is to reach out to Customer Support for more clarification on that.

You'll be glad you did it once it's done! The Web Template is free and maintained by SiteLink. All rentals are synced with SiteLink in real-time and inventory updated on the store’s website.

Good luck and keep us posted, I'd love to hear how it works out!
  • JulieA
    Thanks Sue- could you direct me to some customer websites that are utilizing this feature so I can see how it actually works on the user end?  Julie

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads