Separating Accounts.

GSS
GSS Registered User ✭✭✭
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to separate an account without having to move out the tenant. 

For an example. If someone has 3 units but wants to put 1 of the units in  someone else's  name, can you separate that 1 unit into a new account without having to move-out then move-in the new person?

Thanks,  

Comments

• storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Email or Call Sitelink. I just had to do this and there is a Trick to do it. support@sitelink.com. Its a LIFESAVER!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Company
    utilities
    Control/Shift
    T tenant
    Transfer
    if tenants name doesn't exist click add at bottom 
    add name =)
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I have this trick on a sticky note on my monitor. I don't use it much at all so I can never remember it. CRS
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Faye said:
    I have this trick on a sticky note on my monitor. I don't use it much at all so I can never remember it. CRS Us too lol 

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the hidden menu items!!!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't these hidden menus be listed for users somewhere ...  @Sue_Community ?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi @i43storage! Thanks for asking about that. I confirmed with customer support on why hidden menus aren't readily available. Basically it's because hiding these menus ensures their use is deliberate. 

In most cases it's situational and it gives Support the opportunity to explain how it works. The commonly used hidden functions require specific knowledge of the feature to use. For example, "move ledger to another tenant" moves a unit from one tenant to another. This is commonly used, but without actually knowing what it does it could easily be mistaken for a transfer – which moves a tenant from one unit to another and you may not want that to happen!

If someone has been shown this (either by a coworker or Support) then they likely got a good explanation of how it works and now know the type of situation that calls for it. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Again... I LOVE the hidden menus!

But I agree with Sitelink as to why; you can SERIOUSLY screw up an account in (the hidden) areas, and I can attest to the messes that can be generated when somebody starts pushing buttons without understanding or proper training...especially in the "linking / de-linking" area! 

Suffice to say, Sitelink tech support is very quick to assist; they'll walk you through the task and let you know the keystrokes for the hidden button(s).  

Besides... it makes you look cool when you show another coworker the hidden menus.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads